General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone own Danner Quarry and Wesco Jobmaster or Boss boots?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 03:33 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone own Danner Quarry and Wesco Jobmaster or Boss boots?

I will be traveling through Portland OR in a week and was going to stop by Danner Boot's showroom and pick up a pair of Quarry boots. A part of me wants to drive the extra hour and check out Wesco boots but I just don't know if I can justify the extra cost of a pair of Wesco boots. So first, does anyone own a pair of Danner Quarry boots? If so, how do you like them? I am looking for a pair of all leather, black boots, non-steel toe, that are not loggers and am finding it fairly hard to do. Also wondering if anyone has owned both Danner and Wesco boots and could compare the two.

I'm not a big Red Wing fan, and I already have a set of Chippewa Engineer boots. So not interested in other brands.

Thanks for the help.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

I have a pair of Danner Acadia and it claims to be water proof. So I tested in on a 12 hour rain ride and yep they are WATERPROOF. When I pulled them off I was actually surprised that my socks were dry. Danner makes some fine boots.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
TFK
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had several pair of danner boots and only 1 pair of wesco boots. Only 1 pair because they are a quality boot. Right up there with nicks custom boots. You can't go wrong in my oponion with wesco.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TFK
I have had several pair of danner boots and only 1 pair of wesco boots. Only 1 pair because they are a quality boot. Right up there with nicks custom boots. You can't go wrong in my oponion with wesco.
How would you compare the two? Quality of leather, stitching, comfort, etc?

Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 PM
TFK
Intermediate

Really there isn't much to compare. Danner boots are mass produced and wesco (atleast when I bought them) were more of a custom boot. I wear that type of boot for the arch support when I work. They are far more durable than the danners. Danner to me makes a good hunting boot that a guy wears maybe a couple months out of the year while in the woods. Wesco boots will outlast the daanner

Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 AM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a pair of Wesco Boss boots and will likely be the last pair I have to buy. Re-buildable by Wesco and very high quality. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a pair returned by someone for some dumb reason, (the sole is scratched or a scuff on one boot) Hell you're gonna wear em' right?

Mark

Old 01-06-2013, 02:09 AM
Helen Wheels
Extreme HDF Member
Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
I will be traveling through Portland OR in a week and was going to stop by Danner Boot's showroom and pick up a pair of Quarry boots. A part of me wants to drive the extra hour and check out Wesco boots but I just don't know if I can justify the extra cost of a pair of Wesco boots. So first, does anyone own a pair of Danner Quarry boots? If so, how do you like them? I am looking for a pair of all leather, black boots, non-steel toe, that are not loggers and am finding it fairly hard to do. Also wondering if anyone has owned both Danner and Wesco boots and could compare the two.

I'm not a big Red Wing fan, and I already have a set of Chippewa Engineer boots. So not interested in other brands.

Thanks for the help.
wesco..pg&e pole climber in family and has been a true fan of those for his work boots for years ..sent away to oregon for them and also sent bk there when soles needed retreaded

Old 01-06-2013, 04:11 AM
dfndr
Road Master

Wesco 10 inch Lineman here. Nice, comfortable boots that are very safe for riding. I'll never wear them out in a lifetime. However, they are heavy, very heavy. Check Wesco web site for seconds and display models. Best bet if possible, visit Stompers Boots in San Francisco. They stock Wescos and you can try them on and get the best fit. They also sell them for a lower price than the factory!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior

I have heard that Wesco are pretty heavy... as in they weigh a lot. Doesn't that make your feet tired? My Chippewa Engineer boots with steel toe feel like they get heavy after all day of wearing them... I don't want something even heavier. I'm still struggling with the price tag, but I definitely understand buying quality.

Would most people place Danner Boots on the same level as Red Wing or Chippewa?

Old 01-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Eagle Custom
Tourer

I have never tried wesco boots but I wear Danners every day for work they hold up better than any other boot I have tried rocky,red wing,justin,chippawa when I was wearing other brands I would have to replace them in 6monthsthe to a year and the Danner Quarry's I have now are over 2 years old

Quick Reply: Anyone own Danner Quarry and Wesco Jobmaster or Boss boots?