General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kicked out of HOG for not purchasing a scooter from the owning Dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:28 PM
tr1099
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicked out of HOG for not purchasing a scooter from the owning Dealer.

Hey all, I wanted to see what everyone thinks of what happened to a couple friends of mine in our local area HOG chapter. I was the Safety Officer of the group at the time so I had a bit of the inside track. It was at one of our officers meetings. We learned from the owner of the store that he had made a decision to dismiss a couple people from the HOG Group because they had not purchased a motorcycle from his shop. I knew there was a bit of contention and animosity between him and one of these members.

The member was a very strong leader in the group, excellent communicator, and he already had been banned from ever holding office because he did not purchase his motorcycle from the store. I asked why and tried to speak up, I did not like the action being taken, but I was a junior office and didn't feel it was my place. But none of the other officers said much of anything, at least nothing that even made the owner think about what he was doing.

I decided to stick with my friends that were ousted from the group, they were in a bad way and most all HOG members turned their backs on them. We formed another group that was a spin off of a few of the unhappy members of HOG. We started to see innuendo and crap in Facebook about how friends should treat other friends coming from the HOG Director, his wife and a few others in the group. It looked to be a full out war against the new group. We had members leave because of it.

This is how it stands today. It still bothers me that this group has been able to do this to what they called friends. I just can't ride with people that I know would not have your back when your down. Am I wrong???

Last edited by tr1099; 02-27-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Geeez, why would you want to be associated with the Junior High School drama?

Sounds like the Devil's Ride.....

Old 02-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Ignore and forget the drama and just ride with your real friends. In case you have not noticed, social media can really mess you up if its abused. Just relax and enjoy your friends. Life is too short to have a heart attack due to drama.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:37 PM
tr1099
6th Gear

Well we are out of it now...the new group is only for folks that can be friends first....

Old 02-27-2013, 07:45 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Let them all pound sand, It was his money if he got a better deal elsewhere than shame on the dealer for not keeping him as a customer. He doesn't have to answer to that dealer or anybody else for that matter

Old 02-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Why would you think that HOG members, who otherwise have no connection other than riding together or sipping sodas at the dealership would "have your back"?

I mean, c'mon....really? Do you need these people to validate your existence? Why do you have to be a member of a club or group? Why can't you all just go out and ride?

I think it is a crappy move by the dealer to ban people based on where they purchased a bike and if I really cared I would read the chapter by-laws to see if it is even in his "power" as a sponsor. Certainly would be bad for business in my book.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel your pain. I got kicked out of the "jelly of the month" club for eating some other brand of orange marmelade

Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

I'd suggest a note to Ann Landers for some really good advice...

Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 PM
jwhardin
Road Master

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Why would you think that HOG members, who otherwise have no connection other than riding together or sipping sodas at the dealership would "have your back"?
exactly.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:52 PM
deuceriderusa
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealer acted like a child and the rest of the "club" didn't have the stones to tell him so. You are better off without them.

Quick Reply: Kicked out of HOG for not purchasing a scooter from the owning Dealer.