General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

akoury ak88 helmet

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 07:37 PM
forensicartist
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default allforbikers.com

Yes, allforbikers.com is where I purchased it..

Old 04-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Anpumes
Cruiser

Originally Posted by forensicartist
I went with medium.. My "head" measured at 23" and it fits perfect.. snug, but very comfortable.. Took it for a day ride today and it didn't budge at 80.. oops, I mean 65... heh heh
Haha, good to know. I need to find someplace that carries these a bit more local. I don't want to pay $25 shipping on an $80 unit. Thanks again for the review.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:22 PM
forensicartist
4th Gear
Default shipping

I hear ya!.. because of the shipping, I gambled and went with the outlaw t-71.. that one was huge!!!.. So I lost three weeks of my life waiting for the funds to be put back into the account... So, I figured, rather than guess again, I would pay the shipping and get what I want.. Was worth it... You might want to contact the guy that did the video and find out what dealer he got his from. I know he said a local bike shop....

Old 04-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Anpumes
Cruiser

Originally Posted by forensicartist
You might want to contact the guy that did the video and find out what dealer he got his from. I know he said a local bike shop....
Are you talking about the guy who did the YouTube video? He's from Canada if I recall correctly. Guess it can't hurt to ask.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:39 AM
lowebudget
Advanced

i think youre right also...i think even in the comments section he says he got it from allbikers also

Originally Posted by Anpumes
Are you talking about the guy who did the YouTube video? He's from Canada if I recall correctly. Guess it can't hurt to ask.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Anpumes
Cruiser

I contacted him last night and received a reply. I can't seem to access it now... What the hell YouTube... Regardless he said he did buy it at a local shop in Canada for $99. I guess that's only a few bucks more than what it would cost to order it from allforbikers.com and have it shipped. My concern then becomes if I don't like it but you said you had to send back your first one? Or, am I making up **** now?

Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Concerned that it is so hard to get your hands on this helmet.
Can anyone compare this to a Daytona?
That ratchet system seems like one of the reasons to buy. It would be sad if they are not coming with that anymore.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM
103RATRIDE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any more info in this helmet? Im interested

Old 04-24-2013, 05:58 PM
newrider66
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called the company today. Used the number on the allforbikes site. They said they would exchange sizes and even refund, but have to pay for shipping in each case, which seems fair. Unfortunately they don't have any US retailers.

The helmet looks very nice... But I have a concern that it is really legal in the states requiring a dot helmet. Looks like it has a dot sticker but that might not mean anything. Being paranoid I did ask the company how I can be sure it is in fact dot approved. The response was to send my question to them in an email.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks like the site allforbikes owns Akoury.

Here is a video I found...

Looks like a real nice helmet. Hard to tell, but it might be smaller than my Daytona. Actually looks a lot like my Daytona in a lot of ways.

Quick Reply: akoury ak88 helmet