General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

akoury ak88 helmet

Old 03-25-2015, 10:21 PM
Tconnors810
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TO34
Curious how close to true was the size?
It's pretty good. I measured a large and all my other helmets are large. It fits well, snug but not uncomfortable. XL would have been too big. If you're between sizes, I'd go larger.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:12 PM
mudvayne
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered 2 of them from Akoury on 3/22 and they came in today. It was $215.98 for both. Sizing chart was perfect. I'm happy I went with this one.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:18 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tconnors810
It's pretty good. I measured a large and all my other helmets are large. It fits well, snug but not uncomfortable. XL would have been too big. If you're between sizes, I'd go larger.
Thanks I'm a large in my Bell 500 & most my other helmets I want something for when it gets hot later this year. Might be the helmet ..

Old 03-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Paulmg01
2nd Gear

Just got the ak88 and a Daytona. The akoury is a superior helmet. Much smaller, lighter, and better fitting. Worth the money if you need a dot helmet. I would buy another

Old 03-28-2015, 06:07 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulmg01
Just got the ak88 and a Daytona. The akoury is a superior helmet. Much smaller, lighter, and better fitting. Worth the money if you need a dot helmet. I would buy another
Best endorsement I've heard so far since I presently own a could Daytona's. What sizes did you get so I can be sure of what size AK88 to order?

Old 03-29-2015, 02:14 AM
pheur
Tourer

Any advice for me, I'm between sizes and I know recommendation is to go smaller. But I really like it to sit low and I also have a habit of (if low enough) put my ear-tips "inside". Anyone else know what I am talking about and have some knowledge on how I should go with size?

Old 03-29-2015, 06:04 AM
Browning, nb
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pheur
Any advice for me, I'm between sizes and I know recommendation is to go smaller. But I really like it to sit low and I also have a habit of (if low enough) put my ear-tips "inside". Anyone else know what I am talking about and have some knowledge on how I should go with size?
I had the same issue. I went with the size down. Its snug. I got to give it a little push to let it sit on my head. Feels good though and im assuming it will loosen alittle once it breaks in. fwiw my ear tips sit up in the helmet when I do this. I love the quick release and this helmet.

Old 03-31-2015, 02:26 PM
lol_paul_ledoux
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wondering how these Akoury Helmets fit BIGGG heads? I have a 24in head and a long face. (Think Jay Leno). Tempted to try this helmet. I tried the Vega XTS in an XL and that didnt even fit my head.

i emailed with Black Beard Gear and I am going to order XL and if it doesn't fit, they gave me the option of exchanging.

Last edited by lol_paul_ledoux; 04-01-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Steven1
Stage I
Default Just got my Akoury Terminator Helmet

Just got my Akoury Terminator helmet and took it for a spin. Love it. Fits snug, no Spaceballs Darth Vader look, and zero lift off at 65 mph into oncoming wind. I have had a lot of problems with lift off on other helmets... the only ones that stayed snug looked ridiculous.

I know the extra-huge size of the traditional DOT helmets is supposed to be for safety, but what about being a human Charlie Brown bobblehead when a semi-truck passes in oncoming traffic? That ain't safe.

The Akoury is lightweight and just feels like a part of your head. The only negative was two little rubber band things on the chinstrap near the ears. They were irritating to the ears when riding. I cut them off with scissors and the helmet was fine after that.

My head measured 23 1/4" inches with a tape. I ordered the large and it was a bit snug for me at first. I kneeled on the front and back inside of the helmet just a little bit to loosen it up and it now fits perfectly.

Oh, and the quick-release clasp is a cool once-and-done feature. No more fiddling with my chin strap while everyone else is taking off down the road.

I am happy with this helmet and will be buying one immediately for my girlfriend who also rides her own bike.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:25 PM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool

I've been wearing my Akoury 88 for my 30 miles one way commute to work for the past couple of weeks and it's been pretty good. No lift off even in 85+ mph highway riding and the fit is pretty good (I wear a medium). And I can't say enough good things about that ratchet strap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: akoury ak88 helmet