General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

akoury ak88 helmet

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 07:24 AM
14CVOBREAKOUT
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just ordered the akoury 88 yesterday and cant wait till it gets here, no more mushroom head !

Old 04-14-2015, 07:49 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by pheur
Any advice for me, I'm between sizes and I know recommendation is to go smaller. But I really like it to sit low and I also have a habit of (if low enough) put my ear-tips "inside". Anyone else know what I am talking about and have some knowledge on how I should go with size?
I've got a AK88 med, normally wear a large but the medium fits snug with a welding cap. The welding cap holds my ears tight and let them slip under the edge, with out the cap it keeps my ears bent over slightly and aggravating.

I've had the ak88 a year but been wearing a illegal Daytona polo novelty that I like a lot. Even got a speeding ticket and the cop was more nervous than I was and never noted the novelty, go figure. My wife and son has been on my a$$ about the illegal helmet sense I got it. Anyway I got the 88 on right now watching tv and typing this on my phone to try to get usetoit. It's not as small as the novelty but not bad.

Last edited by Gwaxley; 04-14-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Junker
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwaxley
I've got a AK88 med, normally wear a large but the medium fits snug with a welding cap. The welding cap holds my ears tight and let them slip under the edge, with out the cap it keeps my ears bent over slightly and aggravating.

I've had the ak88 a year but been wearing a illegal Daytona polo novelty that I like a lot. Even got a speeding ticket and the cop was more nervous than I was and never noted the novelty, go figure. My wife and son has been on my a$$ about the illegal helmet sense I got it. Anyway I got the 88 on right now watching tv and typing this on my phone to try to get usetoit. It's not as small as the novelty but not bad.
You can peel the padding back and notch the styrofaon so your ear fits in.
But I think they are designs to be above your ears. May Need a smaller size.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Colorado Mac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Junker
You can peel the padding back and notch the styrofaon so your ear fits in.
But I think they are designs to be above your ears. May Need a smaller size.
Yes, I have the helmet and it is designed to sit above the top of your ears, like all half helmets.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:49 AM
blackbeardsmcgear
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation The real facts about D-Rings

Originally Posted by Beatz
Did any of you who ordered/purchased this lid not receive the clasp? Was watching this video review, and reviewer mentions that the clasp makes the helmet non-dot compliant (1:15 min. mark), so he was sent one with basic D-rings here in the states.

Akoury AK88 Matte Black Motorcycle Helmet Review - YouTube
Here are the facts about D-rings and Ratchets.
The comments in this video about the D-Rings in not accurate.
The Ratchet strap is absolutely DOT approved.
Royal Distributing apparently has old stock they are trying to get rid of with the D-Rings. Akoury no longer makes the helmets with D-Rings, so if you get one with the D-Rings, it is old stock.

You can buy these helmets instead from Blackbeard's Motorcycle Gear in New York by visiting http://www.blackbeardsgear.com/online-store
All of the Akoury Helmets we sell have the ratchet type chin strap only.
They are $99 with free fast 3 day shipping.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:09 AM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the info Blackbeard. I ordered my AK88 over a year ago and was disappointed to receive one with D rings as the clasp was a big selling point for me. I kept the helmet due to it's fit and looks. I have been wearing it almost daily ever since. My buddy was making fun of me the other day because it is looking pretty beat up. After reading your post insuring that you ship yours with the clasp, I just now went ahead and ordered a new one from you. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:19 AM
blackbeardsmcgear
Stage III
Smile Thanks for ordering

We are shipping your Akoury helmet today with free rush shipping, you will have it in 2 or 3 days.
Thanks for ordering and please, always ride safely.
If you like our customer service, please let your buddies know about us.
Blackbeard's Motorcycle Gear

Old 02-23-2016, 01:30 PM
Br125
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbeardsmcgear
We are shipping your Akoury helmet today with free rush shipping, you will have it in 2 or 3 days.
Thanks for ordering and please, always ride safely.
If you like our customer service, please let your buddies know about us.
Blackbeard's Motorcycle Gear
I ordered two of these from Blackbeard's recently and they are great helmets. The first I bought was a bit too loose so I ordered a size smaller, the larger size fit my buddy perfect so I didn't have to send it back, but I'm sure they're good to go with that.

I had an issue with my address when I ordered online and I received a phone call from the owner shortly after and we got it squared away. Quick shipping too.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:28 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member

Mine came in this afternoon. It fits and looks perfect just like the one I ordered over a year ago. The ratchet strap is awesome! Thank you Blackbeard!

Old 02-25-2016, 08:53 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ordered mine today off ebay , seller was Blackbeard $99 and free shipping. can't wait to get it.

Quick Reply: akoury ak88 helmet