General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

akoury ak88 helmet

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 10:35 AM
blackbeardsmcgear
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Akoury DOT Rating

Just for the record, all Akoury helmets are DOT FMVSS No. 218 Certified.
We have sold thousands of these helmets and they are NOT just novelty helmets with a sticker on them. The quality and finish of the Akoury helmet is far superior to any other copy-cat helmet out there. We have had at least a dozen customers tell us that the helmet probably saved their life.
You can get more information about these helmets at http://www.blackbeardsgear.com/akoury-helmets

The DOT rating is laminated to the helmet and not just a sticker. The helmet also has a certification label inside the liner, which by the way, is the most comfortable liner of any small DOT helmet.

Blackbeard's Motorcycle Gear

The following users liked this post:
Bearfan (12-10-2016)
Old 12-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,704 Likes on 1,989 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
there are certain 'guidelines' that must be met. one of which is the dot has to be under the clear coat and not a sticker........

The Bell "500" helmet I bought last year has a DOT "sticker" over the gel coat. I had no idea that Bell made "novelty" helmets.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:01 AM
rubberheels
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Very nice helmet! Got mine last year around $110 Looks good and very well made. I got a big head and bought the 3xxx fits perfect

Old 12-15-2016, 09:00 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 208 Likes on 129 Posts

I have an HCI beanie that is DOT, and it's probably cheaper. Just a heads up for anyone looking.

You can find them all over ebay FOR UNDER 40 DOLLARS.

Last edited by Stretchman; 12-15-2016 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:36 PM
wwiiavfan
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,111 Likes on 490 Posts

I went from an Outlaw Beanie (the one that was recalled for being too small and not DOT), to an Akoury this past fall.
I figured I would be gaining the mushroom look and some weight, but I didn't. it was actually lighter and a bit smaller. Lovin the Akoury!

Old 12-16-2016, 06:15 AM
Bearfan
Road Master
Received 249 Likes on 96 Posts

Not sure how to post a youtube link, but Blackbeard posted an Akoury helmet strap modification on youtube to get rid of a lot of the extra strap. Im going to be doing it to mine today! Thanks Blackbeard!!!

Old 12-16-2016, 09:52 AM
BadDogBiker
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Still young at 35, just not the partygoer anymore. Would rather ride my damn motorcycle checking out beautiful scenery. Rather than sitting around drunk/high out of my mind.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:25 AM
JustMike
Tourer

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Always liked the look of the Akoury. I was doing just fine and then made the mistake of looking at the web site -Carbon Fiber, damit. Well, didn't need that Christmas money anyways.

Originally Posted by blackbeardsmcgear
Just for the record, all Akoury helmets are DOT FMVSS No. 218 Certified.
We have sold thousands of these helmets and they are NOT just novelty helmets with a sticker on them. The quality and finish of the Akoury helmet is far superior to any other copy-cat helmet out there. We have had at least a dozen customers tell us that the helmet probably saved their life.
You can get more information about these helmets at http://www.blackbeardsgear.com/akoury-helmets

The DOT rating is laminated to the helmet and not just a sticker. The helmet also has a certification label inside the liner, which by the way, is the most comfortable liner of any small DOT helmet.

Blackbeard's Motorcycle Gear

Old 12-16-2016, 11:53 AM
ElectroMike
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Bearfan
Not sure how to post a youtube link, but Blackbeard posted an Akoury helmet strap modification on youtube to get rid of a lot of the extra strap. Im going to be doing it to mine today! Thanks Blackbeard!!!

Here is the link to the vid:

The following users liked this post:
Bearfan (12-17-2016)
Old 12-16-2016, 04:26 PM
Johnnyh14
Road Warrior
Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts

I have had my Akoury all this season and really like it. I have a Harley/HJC for sale.

Quick Reply: akoury ak88 helmet