General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 dyna tssm?-electrical/not powering up

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 PM
scotland
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 dyna tssm?-electrical/not powering up

Hi All, I am new to the forum and new to this bike (’06 Dyna Low Rider) and I have a DILEMMA!

I would surely appreciate any advice anyone could offer!!

During an operational check of things on this bike I,...
1. Engaged the fork lock and then went through the other positions of the ignition switch (for the first time).

2. I armed the security system with the Key Fob (for the first time). Then, I had a difficult time disarming the system and tried numerous times. While trying to disarm, with no luck, I proceeded with the basic 8-step Key Fob Assignment. This assignment did not appear to ‘take’ as NO confirmation flashes appeared.

After fiddling with the Key Fob I finally managed to disarm the system and the ‘red flashing key’ on the speedometer disappeared……The bike would not start and there was NO power energizing the ignition, indicator lamps, OFF/RUN switch, lights, etc. (However, when I pushed the reset button on the speedometer the light would come on and show the odometer mileage.)
I tried again to do a Key Fob Assignment (with the red key light OFF), but again it would not take, however, the system will arm and disarm with the FOB.

Thinking that the entire system may need to ‘re-boot’, I then disconnected the battery, cleaned the connections and re-installed the battery,….Still..NADA? (Did this a couple times). Also, when I reconnected the battery, I could hear a very slight, and short duration, sound that mimicked the EFI system or fuel pump, although it was not nearly as loud or as long as when you push the Off/Run switch in prep for starting.

I then tried to do a self diagnostic check, but it appears that power is not reaching there either, as nothing would happen or show on the odometer other than the back-light and mileage for a short duration. (Did this a couple times)

Thinking that it could be a power issue, I removed ALL the caddy fuses and relays (one at a time) and cleaned all the tabs (They REALLY needed it) and blew out the sockets…..Still NADA,..No power to the ignition, indicator lamps, off/run switch, etc.?

It was running fine two days ago before I before messed with the ignition switch positions and the TSSM system and FOB.

I am now wondering if it could be the ignition switch?

TSSM security system?

Or am I missing a ‘step’ here?

(Note: I do not have/know the TSSM personal code and/or whether it was changed from the factory code. The FOB’s work, the brake lights work on ACC only and the battery in the bike is at 12.5 volts)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this!! (The closest dealer is an hour away and I don’t have a trailer!!)