General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group to protest Marines memorial service in WA state

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:33 AM
WidowDeuce
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group to protest Marines memorial service in WA state

I don't know how many people are in Washington State but it is happening in a lot of different states. The full story can be read here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/lo...-8549730c.html

Basically:
Members of a controversial Midwestern church say they plan to protest the memorial service next month of Marine Corps Sgt. Travis Pfister of Richland, who was killed in Iraq two weeks ago.
"I know there is freedom of speech, but I don't think this is the proper place for a protest," said Jackie Pfister, Travis' stepmother. "We want to support him; he's a hero."
The Westboro Baptist Church of Kansas has announced plans to protest the March 4 memorial for Pfister at the TRAC facility in Pasco. The group has achieved national notoriety by picketing soldiers' funerals as part of its anti-gay agenda, regardless of the soldier's sexual orientation.
In response, Operation Thank You, a troop support group in the Tri-Cities, is rallying the public to band together to build a human shield and wave American flags to block the view of the protesters.

If you can go to support this human shield it would be appreciated. I won't be able to attend due to military servicebut he was a child-hood friend and will be in my thoughts. Thanks

Randy

Old 02-23-2007, 08:32 AM
sctusa
Road Captain
Default RE: Group to protest Marines memorial service in WA state

ORIGINAL: WidowDeuce

I don't know how many people are in Washington State but it is happening in a lot of different states. The full story can be read here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/lo...-8549730c.html

Basically:
Members of a controversial Midwestern church say they plan to protest the memorial service next month of Marine Corps Sgt. Travis Pfister of Richland, who was killed in Iraq two weeks ago.
"I know there is freedom of speech, but I don't think this is the proper place for a protest," said Jackie Pfister, Travis' stepmother. "We want to support him; he's a hero."
The Westboro Baptist Church of Kansas has announced plans to protest the March 4 memorial for Pfister at the TRAC facility in Pasco. The group has achieved national notoriety by picketing soldiers' funerals as part of its anti-gay agenda, regardless of the soldier's sexual orientation.
In response, Operation Thank You, a troop support group in the Tri-Cities, is rallying the public to band together to build a human shield and wave American flags to block the view of the protesters.

If you can go to support this human shield it would be appreciated. I won't be able to attend due to military servicebut he was a child-hood friend and will be in my thoughts. Thanks

Randy
Randy,
Check out http://www.patriotguard.org/ALLForum...c/Default.aspx

It is already a confirmed mission for the Patriot Guard...
Sincere condolences on the loss of your friend Sgt. Travis Pfister. Prayers to you and the family and friends of Sgt. Travis Pfister. A true hero.
And also many thanks for your service.

Scott

Old 02-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Forgive me, but this is one of the few circumstances where I could imagine losing all self control and hurting someone severly. The nerve of these jerks,I'm amazed someone someone hasen't been killed. They are free to express thier opinion, but not close to a funueral,...to yell and scream rediculious profane insults at a greiving family and friends is beyond my imagination.
I admire thePatriot Guard and when I see more than one riding together, it saddens me to the point of tears. God Bless our troups and allthe associated familys.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Sinkinfast
Tourer

These people that protest funerals are lower than whale s$%t at the bottom of the ocean.
What is wrong with these A-Holes???????

Support the Patriot Guard.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Jambo
Banned

A judge in Illinois ruled they can't protest in a graveyard.So the cops disperse them here.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:05 AM
jakedog
Road Warrior

These people and their ridiculous cause is a stain on all humanity.

Thank God for the Patriot Guard.......

Old 02-23-2007, 11:23 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These lowlifes have been doing it across the country for a while and the PGR has done a good job of keeping them at a distance. What vermin. I hope when one of them dies we're all notified so we can attend their funeral and treat them the same way they want to treat our soldiers.How do you think they'd like it when their"members" are treated this way. Something tells me they wouldn't like it. I'll volunteer to be the first person to p!ss on their grave.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Speedkingnick
Road Warrior

My PGRbrothers and sisters will be there for the soldier and the family.

Thank you for advising others of the mission.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:04 PM
pnw05ss
Novice

I wish I could be there to help support the family & PGR, but work and being on the other side of the state makes it a bit difficult for me.

As far as I'm concerned, any church or other tax exempt organization that does this type of stuff or go against the government in offering a "safe haven" for illegals should lose their exempt status, fined and put out of business so to speak. Ya, I'm just a red neck old fartI guess.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:11 PM
1200babe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see many others have already posted links to the Patriot Guard which in my opinion is one of the greatest groups on the face of the planet. If you can attend a service where the PG is standing guard you will be moverd to tears at the tremendous display of patriotism and the commitment of these riders. MY first mission totally overwhelmed me and I certainly wish there had been such a group many years ago when my brother was killed in Nam. Although all funerals are sad it is great to see Americans standing up for what they believe in , in such a positive way. I am sure the families of the deceased are forever changed by the repsect they are shown by the PG. If you are not a memeber and have never ridden with them - do it! You will experience many differnt feeling, grief for the loved ones family, pride in our country and the strength that comes from doing what is right!

Quick Reply: Group to protest Marines memorial service in WA state