General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Combo Speedo/Tach 4" Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 01:05 PM
orin
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Combo Speedo/Tach 4" Issue

I have a small issue with my Combination Digital Speedometer/Analog Tachometer p/n 70900274 (the 4 " one). I say "small" because I know there has been quite a few posts about this unit not working or not working correctly for others here and I don't seem to have any of those issues.

So far this unit has worked fine for me except one issue that bugs me and was wondering if this is typical of digital speedos or if it might indicate a problem.

The issue is that I set the display to show my clock. When I turn off my scoot and then turn it back on, it shows my clock as I left it BUT when I start the motor the display blinks as the motor starts and when it comes back on it displays the odometer, not the clock. At that point i usually change the display so that it shows my clock again.

All the gauge information is correct, it works fine and no errors. It's just a hassle having to change the display to show my clock every time I start it up and frankly the blinking and resetting of the display when i start the motor kind of concerns me.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-22-2013, 05:33 PM
baimo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orin
I have a small issue with my Combination Digital Speedometer/Analog Tachometer p/n 70900274 (the 4 " one). I say "small" because I know there has been quite a few posts about this unit not working or not working correctly for others here and I don't seem to have any of those issues.

So far this unit has worked fine for me except one issue that bugs me and was wondering if this is typical of digital speedos or if it might indicate a problem.

The issue is that I set the display to show my clock. When I turn off my scoot and then turn it back on, it shows my clock as I left it BUT when I start the motor the display blinks as the motor starts and when it comes back on it displays the odometer, not the clock. At that point i usually change the display so that it shows my clock again.

All the gauge information is correct, it works fine and no errors. It's just a hassle having to change the display to show my clock every time I start it up and frankly the blinking and resetting of the display when i start the motor kind of concerns me.

Any thoughts?
I believe they all reset to the odometer when you turn the bike off/on. Mine does. I have the analog speedo/tach with the digital reading for mileages and clock. Mine also show gas gauge and which gear I am in. I love it but do wish you could set it to start with whichever display you want to highlight