General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power vision question

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 07:47 PM
KEYBEAR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power vision question

I have a Power Vision and the tune sent by Fuel Moto was close to my needs but could be better . So I,m running the Auto Tune how many times do you run and down load ? I have run three times 100 or more miles each . Every time I down load a run the bike runs better . At what point do you say good and stop ?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:38 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

You need to go to WinPV on your computer and after every Autotune look at your VEs from before and after the Autotune - use the "Compare" feature and use the % difference. When you get your differences down to about 3% or less you should be good to go. You may get a few bigger % changes on the edges of where you Autotuned, areas that you really don't ride much - no biggie.

Now you may still may need to tweak your AFR/Lambda map and or your Decel Enleanment chart if you are getting decel pop.

You can also try to adjust your spark tables if you feel a need to, but this is a lot more complicated and I would recommended heading over to the PowerVision "Sticky" thread to get into that. It is about 500 pages long, but I would jump in at about 300 because that is about the time Autotune came out.

Last edited by HD Pilot; 07-10-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Wv7o
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should only have to run auto tune 3.2 times at the most.

At some point I settled for just the right combination of seat of the pants power, and fuel economy.

I also have a tune saved that is just for pure fun and my fuel economy is lower than my daily tune.

In short good is for you to decide.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:59 AM
KEYBEAR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wv7o
You should only have to run auto tune 3.2 times at the most.

At some point I settled for just the right combination of seat of the pants power, and fuel economy.

I also have a tune saved that is just for pure fun and my fuel economy is lower than my daily tune.

In short good is for you to decide.

That is what I was thinking also .
I found short trips of 30 miles did little good . So now I,m doing trips of 100 miles or more . So far I,v down loaded two trips and it is running well and feel one more down load will put me in the black . I have very little popping and my mileage is good (49/50) . The bike is running well so I think I,m about done .