General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:33 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beware of buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay

ORIGINAL: bradvols

Have used them once shipping is overpriced and when I got my parts (some short risers) they werent even metal just some chrome plastic crap.
Shipping looks more then reasonable to me

Old 06-21-2007, 03:42 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first thing you do prior to bidding/purchasing anything on eBay is to check the seller’s feedback. This dimwit has 50 NEGATIVE[/b] feedbacks in the last 12 months! This to me, is an immediate alarm NOT[/b] to do business with them. Do your homework guys…

Old 06-21-2007, 03:51 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: mrsr71

The first thing you do prior to bidding/purchasing anything on eBay is to check the seller’s feedback. This dimwit has 50 NEGATIVE[/b] feedbacks in the last 12 months! This to me, is an immediate alarm NOT[/b] to do business with them. Do your homework guys…
you cannot look at the number of negative feedbacks someone gets as how they are. You cannot please veryone and the guy has over a 99% rating. The more business you do the more you will **** off.
What is wal marts approval rating?
Dodges?
Fords?
Chevys?
Hell HDs for that matter.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:01 PM
JohnC88
Tourer

ORIGINAL: mopardave

F*ck EBAY! I know people sometimes get good deals that way but I hate hearing about all the hassles.
Ah yes, unlike the non-cyber world where everything works so smoothly.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:29 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,619 Likes on 2,094 Posts

I'm glad I came across this thread.

I ordered a pair of fender struts for a sporty and the price was decent and the shipping was good. When I opened them on Sunday I found the chrome to be defective on one of the struts and no way to contact them.

I will be calling them now ...

Thanks cycicle.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:49 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

who keeps digging up these months old threads?????????

Old 06-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Sidehack
Cruiser

Bought two seperate items from Debrix back in April and had zero problems.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Demkay
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've bought 2 loads from them, 2nd is on the way, should be here in a couple days. 1st order was perfect, well packaged, good quality stuff, very reasonably priced. Was very happy.

Couldn't contact them by phone, and I always do that as I'm in Europe, but they contacted me via email and said they don't do business via phone as they like a trail of all correspondence in writing.

I don't like "shipping calculators", that's why I phoned; but the shipping ended up being cheap, very cheap.

I found them very helpful and friendly. ....... Sorry you're having a rough time.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 PM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 97 Likes on 40 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thongs2U

I would not advise buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay. I paid by Paypal within 5 minutes of buying the item. 10 days later I asked for the shipper & tracking info. It hadn't shipped. After several e-mails (since they don't list their city or phone number) Debrix Cycles agreed to credit my Visa since they didn't have the part in the first place. There has been No credit to date on my HD Visa card. Now e-Bay contacts me and claims Debrix wants their listing fee back. LOSER......... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230086219571
Funny. You followed through on your part of the contract. They did not.

ebay frowns on folks that auction something that they do not have. It is against the rules.

Save all the email. You said they decided to refund. Do you have that in email.

Check this page out. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...rformance.html

Report them as a policy violation:

1. Locate and review the policy page that deals with the violation.
2. Click the “Report” link at the bottom of the page. For example, see Excessive Shipping and Handling policy.
3. Enter the item number(s) of the listing that you wish to report.
4. Click the Send button to send your message to eBay Customer Support.

You can also report a violation by clicking the “Contact Us” link on the left side of any Help page, selecting Listing Violations and choosing the appropriate topics.

Good Luck

Old 06-21-2007, 09:21 PM
STREAK
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: vegashd

ORIGINAL: mrsr71

The first thing you do prior to bidding/purchasing anything on eBay is to check the seller’s feedback. This dimwit has 50 NEGATIVE feedbacks in the last 12 months! This to me, is an immediate alarm NOT to do business with them. Do your homework guys…
you cannot look at the number of negative feedbacks someone gets as how they are. You cannot please veryone and the guy has over a 99% rating. The more business you do the more you will **** off.
What is wal marts approval rating?
Dodges?
Fords?
Chevys?
Hell HDs for that matter.
Well.. I do note though that they have been on ebay since '99 and have 85 out of their 86 negative feedbacks in 1 year. Like you said.. that may not be a "don't deal with" situation, but would at least warrent some further research..

I'm doing some of the same things.. been wanting a Schott 585 for some time and found it cheapest on http://www.motorcyclestyle.com .. Well, did a web search on them and see that there have been a huge # of issues w/ them.. one of which is no returned calls.. So.. I called them (and wrote them).. no response. Guess they aren't going to get my $$'s..

Wayne

Quick Reply: Beware of buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay