General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:21 PM
cubcake1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beware of buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay

There are some great ones that sell on ebay. Gotta go by the feedback. I wont shop with anyone with less than a 99%, and at least 50+ items sold or bought myself.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:34 PM
dgriffin
Stage II

This company is extremely unprofessional I even called the BBB and Chamber in the area and wrote them a complant. First I understand it is ebay but if you have a online business you need to understand how to run one.

I would never use them again....

BUYER BEWARE......

Old 06-21-2007, 10:57 PM
JohnC88
Tourer

OK, I drove by there after work tonight. It is a residential address. They look like apartments but must be condos since each unit has a separate address. There are no suite numbers. That's just BS to make you think it is a business address.

This is obviously a business being run out of a home. If you look at their negative feedback on ebay it is filled with complaints about shipping time. As others have speculated, I'm sure they do not stock anything.

I'd steer clear.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:57 PM
cobrabob
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

who keeps digging up these months old threads?????????
Probably someone who used the "search" function.

BTW the address that is mentioned above is not a business. It is an apartment complex in a not so good area in Orange. (Used to work in Orange County) So the guy is just running a store off the internet.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:06 PM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vegashd

ORIGINAL: mrsr71

The first thing you do prior to bidding/purchasing anything on eBay is to check the seller’s feedback. This dimwit has 50 NEGATIVE[/b] feedbacks in the last 12 months! This to me, is an immediate alarm NOT[/b] to do business with them. Do your homework guys…
you cannot look at the number of negative feedbacks someone gets as how they are. You cannot please veryone and the guy has over a 99% rating. The more business you do the more you will **** off. What is wal marts approval rating? Dodges?
Fords? Chevys?Hell HDs for that matter.
I have 196 positive feedbacks, no negatives. Had to work at it to keep it that way.There is no way in h3ll I'd bid on something if aseller had 50 negatives in 12 months. Don't care how much he sells..

Old 06-22-2007, 12:15 AM
cycicle
Stage III

Wow guys, I'm really impressed... seriously. I posted my original post at noon (I guess, I don't know what time zone that is) and 18 people had posted after me in a matter of 9 hours (I guess, again, time zone?) - All that from a 3 month old "dead" topic.

First off I want to say that I HAVE NOT had any problem with this company YET. They are slow to ship so far but they are still within their 1-5 days, so I cannot complain yet.

The first thing you do prior to bidding/purchasing anything on eBay is to check the seller’s feedback. This dimwit has 50 NEGATIVE feedbacks in the last 12 months! This to me, is an immediate alarm NOT to do business with them. Do your homework guys…
I discovered Debrix on Ebay originally... they do have a good feedback rating (99.4% POSITIVE feedback with a 15163 score is very respectable in my opinion), However some of the items I wanted were not "buy it now" and I usually do not like to bid on items really. That is when I discovered their regular online store, with cheaper prices none the less! (not sure about with shipping) I could get any item I wanted they sold at a cheaper price, which lured me in. However, I had realized today that going through their non-ebay shop you lose the security blanket that is eBay, they can pretty much have their way with you with a lot less consequences.

ORIGINAL: rizzo
I'm glad I came across this thread.

I ordered a pair of fender struts for a sporty and the price was decent and the shipping was good. When I opened them on Sunday I found the chrome to be defective on one of the struts and no way to contact them.

I will be calling them now ...

Thanks cycicle.
no problem, rizzo. Please let us/me know how the call goes, if you get a hold of them, if they were respectful, etc etc. I am going to try calling them here in a second to see what happens... Yes I know it's late, but I do that on purpose, plus I do a *67 in case it's a cell phone or whatever, so they cant try calling me back; I like to see if it's a business line or what.. From the sounds of it though it will be either a cell phone or residential line.

ORIGINAL: cobrabob

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

who keeps digging up these months old threads?????????
Probably someone who used the "search" function.
cobrabob is right, electaRICK. I was/am doing something I should have done before I made a large purchase like this, researched the company.

ORIGINAL: JohnC88

OK, I drove by there after work tonight. It is a residential address. They look like apartments but must be condos since each unit has a separate address. There are no suite numbers. That's just BS to make you think it is a business address.

This is obviously a business being run out of a home. If you look at their negative feedback on ebay it is filled with complaints about shipping time. As others have speculated, I'm sure they do not stock anything.

I'd steer clear.
ORIGINAL: cobrabob

BTW the address that is mentioned above is not a business. It is an apartment complex in a not so good area in Orange. (Used to work in Orange County) So the guy is just running a store off the internet.
Thanks for the heads up, guys. Personally I think it's cool that there's actually people living in the area willing to check out the place, some may find it creepy (read: stalking) but I think it's cool and really appreciate it.

To everyone with a positive experience: thanks for sharing, I am trying to stay optimistic about this.
To everyone with a negative experience: also, thanks for sharing, it's good to keep the balance.

I'm wondering what the ratio of positive/neutral/negative experiences is with people doing business using their non-eBay shop.

Does anyone

Old 06-22-2007, 12:42 AM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: alazlo

The first thing you do prior to bidding/purchasing anything on eBay is to check the seller’s feedback. This dimwit has 50 NEGATIVE[/b] feedbacks in the last 12 months! This to me, is an immediate alarm NOT[/b] to do business with them. Do your homework guys…
you cannot look at the number of negative feedbacks someone gets as how they are. You cannot please veryone and the guy has over a 99% rating. The more business you do the more you will **** off. What is wal marts approval rating? Dodges?
I have 196 positive feedbacks, no negatives. Had to work at it to keep it that way.There is no way in h3ll I'd bid on something if aseller had 50 negatives in 12 months. Don't care how much he sells..
I bet HD gets thousands of "negative" feedback EVERYDAY. I would buy from anyone who sold over 14k things and only 50 negatives in one year time........

Old 06-22-2007, 09:00 AM
cobrabob
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: alazlo

The first thing you do prior to bidding/purchasing anything on eBay is to check the seller’s feedback. This dimwit has 50 NEGATIVE feedbacks in the last 12 months! This to me, is an immediate alarm NOT to do business with them. Do your homework guys…
I bet HD gets thousands of "negative" feedback EVERYDAY. I would buy from anyone who sold over 14k things and only 50 negatives in one year time........
Did I forget to mention the area is full of undocumented aliens and street gangs? Probabably 95%

Old 06-22-2007, 12:11 PM
cwilks
Banned

Pretty simple stuff guys..........they don't order the stuff till YOU order it from them.....if they have delays YOU have delays. Its one of the MANY chances you take when you order on the internet........oh and Vegashd, when I buy a HD I know what I'm getting regardless of who bitches about em, on the internet you take your chances on what you get. my .02

Old 06-22-2007, 01:16 PM
dgriffin
Stage II

I did a whois on this persons domain name and I came up with this info. I have a dispute with PayPal now oaver this company. I am not sure what they do if drop ship or not but they do suck.. No email call etc...

REGISTRAR WHOIS:

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WhoIs database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without
the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In
particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make
possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for
any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:
tria
1442 e. lincoln ave., ste. 110
orange, California 92865
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: DEBRIX.COM
Created on: 19-Nov-02
Expires on: 19-Nov-08
Last Updated on: 12-Apr-06

Administrative Contact:
tria, j jtria@yahoo.com
tria
orange, California 92865
United States
7142777498 Fax --

Technical Contact:
tria, j jtria@yahoo.com
tria
orange, California 92865
United States
7142777498 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS3.SECURESERVER.NET
NS4.SECURESERVER.NET

REGISTRY WHOIS:

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered with many
different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net for detailed
information.

Domain Name: DEBRIX.COM
Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS3.SECURESERVER.NET
Name Server: NS4.SECURESERVER.NET
Updated Date: 09-oct-2006
Creation Date: 19-nov-2002
Expiration Date: 19-nov-2008

>>> Last update of whois database: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:03:21 UTC <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the
expiration date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the
sponsoring registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois
database to view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this
registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois database
through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and automated
except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing
registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry Services' ("VeriSign")
Whois database is provided by VeriSign for information purposes only, and
to assist persons in obtaining information about or related to a domain
name registration record. VeriSign does not guarantee its accuracy. By
submitting a Whois quer

Quick Reply: Beware of buying from Debrix Cycles on e-Bay