General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Learned something new on Infotainment

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Retired Guy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Learned something new on Infotainment

I have 900 miles on the 14 limited and the only issues I have had are with the Infotainment Center....on the first day my USB cable stopped working so my dealer ordered a new one and it will be installed next week at the 1k service. I paired up my iTouch via bluetooth and it works fine.......except when I key the CB......with my iTouch, at least, it takes 10 seconds....I timed it, for the bluetooth music to resume.....I had figured it was a firmware issue and didn't work until I just left it alone and it came back on.....It would be annoying if you were using bluetooth and traveling with a group that uses the CB.....Once the USB is fixed I will use it rather than bluetooth but in case you find yourself in the same situation, don't think something is broken....its just slow......if your experience is different I would like to hear about it....Ride safe...

Old 10-01-2013, 05:30 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Only 400 miles on mine but the music comes back in about 2 seconds or less on mine

Originally Posted by Retired Guy
I have 900 miles on the 14 limited and the only issues I have had are with the Infotainment Center....on the first day my USB cable stopped working so my dealer ordered a new one and it will be installed next week at the 1k service. I paired up my iTouch via bluetooth and it works fine.......except when I key the CB......with my iTouch, at least, it takes 10 seconds....I timed it, for the bluetooth music to resume.....I had figured it was a firmware issue and didn't work until I just left it alone and it came back on.....It would be annoying if you were using bluetooth and traveling with a group that uses the CB.....Once the USB is fixed I will use it rather than bluetooth but in case you find yourself in the same situation, don't think something is broken....its just slow......if your experience is different I would like to hear about it....Ride safe...

Old 10-01-2013, 06:13 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would try it on a bike in the dealership to see if you can recreate the problem. If not then your infotainment system has a glitch.