General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 HD Electra glide classic, ITS ALL MINE

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 AM
jmio
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 HD Electra glide classic, ITS ALL MINE

I went to a harley event saturday for some dollar beers and some free food. i was riding my beloved 2006 electra glide standard and had NO plans of ever getting rid of it. Well I just seen this bike and could not go home without it. This thing is BAD to the bone. Has an upgraded sound system, the most comfy seat I have ever sat on, new wheels, chrome for days, vance and hines full exhaust that sounds so sweet!

The thing i'm wondering about is the sound system. speakers look to be the hog tunes, but it has the stock unit, and a tweeter pod that is above the guages. Now I have never heard any aftermarket systems, but this system is almost ridiculous, I only have it half turned up and it is screaming on the highway, but super clear and badass .My buddy has a 14 with the stock up grade and mine destroys his I'm guessing there is an amp somewhere in that fairing. , what do ya'll think? I would think it would need one to power the extra tweeter pods and for it to be that loud. well I put 300 miles on her yesterday and it is byfar the best thing i have ever ridden.

Attached Thumbnails 2009 HD Electra glide classic, ITS ALL MINE-photo.jpg  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:14 AM
flylock
Tourer

You probaly have an amp in there that sits on top of the harmon kardon under the fairing. I bought a hogtunes kit for my 09 that came with speakers and amp.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Axegrinder
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Sweet ride and congrats on your score!!!!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:17 AM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome, congrats! '09 is a great bike. You'll like that transmission and engine on the highway compared to your '06- That's a great color too

Old 10-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great score! As was mentioned, there is probably an amp in the faring, and you'll love the new frame set up and engine and transmission!

Enjoy the ride!!!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:27 AM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,400 Likes on 5,913 Posts

That's one good looking bike amigo....

Old 10-14-2013, 07:29 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,350 Likes on 21,383 Posts

Originally Posted by flylock
You probaly have an amp in there that sits on top of the harmon kardon under the fairing. I bought a hogtunes kit for my 09 that came with speakers and amp.
Yep, and a big amp too I would venture to say.
I have the little HT amp and tweeter pod but long ago dumped their speakers and put in Kickers, thanks to member firecap.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:47 AM
jmio
Cruiser

our riding buddies couldn't believe that the bike would be THAT much better, 3 year difference!!! But yes, the engine is much smoother, the 6 speed transmission is huge advantage, and the bike takes these "amazing" oklahoma roads much better. potholes are not jarring anymore like they were before. At first my old lady said, "that color is ugly" "it looks like an old mans bike". Well after the ride, she was taking ALL that back. Big smiles all around! I love the color and all the upgrades the previous owner did. only thing i'm gonna add is some highway pegs and a luggage rack for our 4 tours next year. Will be going to ohio bike week, BBB, sturgis, and a trip to california and back. This bike will bring thousands of smile filled miles!!! (hopefully) I bought the 3 year warranty with the tire program and service thing, any good experiences out there with the people that had to use it? my buddy pretty much made me get it, said it had saved his life a few times on the road.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM
phat413
Cruiser

nice ride!! Love that color

Old 10-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jmio
our riding buddies couldn't believe that the bike would be THAT much better, 3 year difference!!! But yes, the engine is much smoother, the 6 speed transmission is huge advantage, and the bike takes these "amazing" oklahoma roads much better. potholes are not jarring anymore like they were before. At first my old lady said, "that color is ugly" "it looks like an old mans bike". Well after the ride, she was taking ALL that back. Big smiles all around! I love the color and all the upgrades the previous owner did. only thing i'm gonna add is some highway pegs and a luggage rack for our 4 tours next year. Will be going to ohio bike week, BBB, sturgis, and a trip to california and back. This bike will bring thousands of smile filled miles!!! (hopefully) I bought the 3 year warranty with the tire program and service thing, any good experiences out there with the people that had to use it? my buddy pretty much made me get it, said it had saved his life a few times on the road.
The nice thing about the extended warranty is that you don't have to go to a dealer, they have a network of shops that you can go to.

It had been a long time (ten years) since being on a bagger...when I bought my '12 Ultra Classic I was hooked in the first 2 miles. handles better, the 103 is sweet (96 is too for that mater) 6speed is geared right (6 being a "true over-drive") and it just feels more solid and nimble than the pre '09's. Go ride it and enjoy! If you get ready to make a trip south, we have room and roads!

Quick Reply: 2009 HD Electra glide classic, ITS ALL MINE