General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Do You Think an NOS XR750 Worth?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:38 PM
John Coyle
HDF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Do You Think an NOS XR750 Worth?

Obviously, the answer is whatever someone will pay for it. But I'm curious to see what this legendary dirt tracker demon will fetch.

Head over to the blog to check out some pictures—and a few choice bits of Engrish from the ad.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:08 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,971 Likes on 11,031 Posts

If you were to buy it, is it worth more restored or left like it is?

Old 10-15-2013, 01:21 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not a bike collector, but if I was I'd want this one. The XR750 is the Harley that sold me on Harleys. When I was younger my friends and I raced motocross, for the fun of it we'd put 19" grasshoppers on the bikes and enter in the flat track racing. All was great, one day we entered a half mile race. We always thought the 500cc class was the biggest class, that's where I raced. But on that particular day they announced the 750 class. We all looked at each other with the wtf look on our faces. Out come the XR750's! Holy f***, they put our 500cc motocross bikes to shame. Ever since that day I've wanted one. Fell in love with that bike, call it love at first sight.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:42 PM
John Coyle
HDF Editor

Originally Posted by upflying
If you were to buy it, is it worth more restored or left like it is?
That's an interesting question. Given the trend toward "original" condition now, it might be worth more as is. But if it were mine I'd clean it up and ride it.

Originally Posted by John Coyle

Obviously, the answer is whatever someone will pay for it. But I'm curious to see what this legendary dirt tracker demon will fetch.

Head over to the blog to check out some pictures—and a few choice bits of Engrish from the ad.
Originally Posted by zeus33
I'm not a bike collector, but if I was I'd want this one. The XR750 is the Harley that sold me on Harleys. When I was younger my friends and I raced motocross, for the fun of it we'd put 19" grasshoppers on the bikes and enter in the flat track racing. All was great, one day we entered a half mile race. We always thought the 500cc class was the biggest class, that's where I raced. But on that particular day they announced the 750 class. We all looked at each other with the wtf look on our faces. Out come the XR750's! Holy f***, they put our 500cc motocross bikes to shame. Ever since that day I've wanted one. Fell in love with that bike, call it love at first sight.
I want to build a Sportster that looks like this for the street. So awesome and would really stand out from the crowd.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:19 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

That's gonna go for a bunch. I'd give my left nut for that..............

Old 10-15-2013, 03:06 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

there are plenty of XR750's around. you see them at the half-mile and mile dirt track races all the time. the moco still fields a factory harley team using this model. plenty of after-market go fast goodies out there too. the moco will build some more if there is ever a demand/need for them.

right now, they are having a hard time keeping up with the kawasakis on the mile tracks. ducati, triumph, suzuki, and even an occasional bmw makes for some very interesting flat track racing. honda pretty much dominates the short-track and TT races.

you owe it to your self to go and see a pro dirt-bike race...it is quite an experience.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:10 PM
WIHD55
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto, out of my price range. But just forwarded the link to two friends who can.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:18 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you want an XR750 contact one of the race teams at a flat track race. unless the moco can bull **** the AMA into making lots of rule changes, there should be several XR's for sale this winter. the riders can campaign the 650 kawasakis for a lot less money than a harley, and have a better chance of winning. racing is all about winning and there are a lots of riders and team owners that would sell you their XR750's and go buy a couple of kawasakis and use the rest of the money for spare parts and travel expenses.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 PM
siege
Intermediate

I saw this on reddit earlier. What a sweet bike. It looks like a museum piece it's so nice! It's not worth 10K+ to me but it sure is purdy!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:51 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Robbie Knievels 80 XR750 that he jumped the buses at Wembley on sold for about 30K not all that long ago. I doubt this one is worth more since his had some history with it. Good ones go for 5-6K. Museum quality go for 35K. That one is in good shape, but look at the rusty sprocket and brake rotor. It isn't all that pristine. Needs cleaning and polishing at the very least and if those obvious things are in the condition they are, who knows what else it needs.

Last edited by roadking2000; 10-16-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Do You Think an NOS XR750 Worth?