General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad day for my 2014 flhtk

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 01:16 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Sad day for my 2014 flhtk

I am told the part needed for the clutch recall won't be available until the end of October and that until it is repaired I am not to ride it. Where I live in Canada that pretty much means end of riding for the year. My bike is in tears I saw a tear drop on the floor right underneath her.
All kidding aside I love the bike and sometimes **** happens and Harley will make it right.

What I don't understand is many of our fellow HDForum members seem to enjoy the fact that there has been some issues with the 2014s. I don't understand this lack of empathy for a fellow rider? Are these some of the same guys that if they were broken down at the side of the road I would stop to help?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks northern brother. My bike is my daily transportation all year down in North Carolina. It would put a big hurting on me and to be honest, I would get another bike if it took that long.

FWIW, I stop to help all bikers, even if it is one of them rare times I am in the cage. Last guy I stopped to help had been waiting hours for his tow in the hot sun so I gave him my gatorade and water, offered to stay with him as he was alone till the tow got there. Its all the same wind and no one makes fun of the sporty 883 with all my lugage strapped to the bike when I stop. I carry enough tools to help anyone out too if need be, even some emergency gas that I have given people in areas with lots of gas stations along the way. Ok that got a little out there lol.

On the bright side the end of oct is not that far away and the bike wont kill you now. Keep us updated bro! I love the ride through Canada from Michigan to NY and back. The coffee and people are just awesome.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:31 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They're called haters. They are in all walks of life. Don't worry about it, just enjoy ur sweet ride.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:51 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior

Thanks Dusky

Old 10-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Sometimes people are happy bad things happen to others, as they are it relieved it didn't happen to them. Some are envious of you being able to afford a new bike.

Hang in there.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:17 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,171 Likes on 11,106 Posts

Here is how I feel about the clutch recall...

Old 10-17-2013, 03:01 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

With most new cars/bikes, there's recalls...and even the not so new. If I was a betting person, I would have thought the cooling system would have made the recall list first, not the clutch. That's a standard part of the bike. But why they're being recalled, I don't know. I haven't read about it. I just looked to see what year they were talking about.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:18 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,392 Likes on 21,384 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
I am told the part needed for the clutch recall won't be available until the end of October and that until it is repaired I am not to ride it. Where I live in Canada that pretty much means end of riding for the year. My bike is in tears I saw a tear drop on the floor right underneath her.
All kidding aside I love the bike and sometimes **** happens and Harley will make it right.

What I don't understand is many of our fellow HDForum members seem to enjoy the fact that there has been some issues with the 2014s. I don't understand this lack of empathy for a fellow rider? Are these some of the same guys that if they were broken down at the side of the road I would stop to help?

It's your bike and under warranty right?

You can ride your bike if you want to, right?

If they're going to tell you that you can't ride your bike, which I doubt, then they would have to give you a loaner, right?

That liquid under the bike is probably the coolant. lolol. J/K.

Other's on this site have had problems with that as well.

Lack of empathy on this site?

**** happens even with new models that aren't factored in to the equation.
You'll get over it and you'll be alright.
Really.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:25 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default I Feel For You

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
Your situation sucks to say the least. I think that you are reading to much into what and how others are posting about the 2014 dilemas. I don't think ANYONE is enjoying the fact that there have been issues with the new lineup release. No lack of empathy here for my fellow riders, just a lack of sympathy to MOCO.

A recall is one thing, a DO NOT RIDE warning is a whole nuther thing. These bikes will evolve, like it or not. The fact that they were released without (obviously) proper testing is bad enough. The DO NOT RIDE dictum is downright shamefull. I'm pretty sure that MOCO will make it right. My heart is with you on this one, not MOCO.

AND - If you were to be broke down on the side of the road, I would still make sure you were OK before riding on NO MATTER WHAT BRAND YOU'DE BE RIDING. Don't give up yet. The best of times are yet to come on your new bike.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:29 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lionsm13
It's your bike and under warranty right?

You can ride your bike if you want to, right?

If they're going to tell you that you can't ride your bike, which I doubt, then they would have to give you a loaner, right?

That liquid under the bike is probably the coolant. lolol. J/K.

Other's on this site have had problems with that as well.

Lack of empathy on this site?

**** happens even with new models that aren't factored in to the equation.
You'll get over it and you'll be alright.
Really.
I understand the recall and while I don't like it **** happens Can I ride the bike after being told by Harley and by the Harley dealer no way. If I crash my bike riding it after being clearly warned it may be unsafe would be a good way out for my insurance company. What if I hit a kit crossing the road tomorrow. Insurance company first thing will say he elected to ride an unsafe bike we are not paying a dime. The 2014 have been selling like crazy for good reason so I don't think my dealer is going to have enough loaners.

Quick Reply: Sad day for my 2014 flhtk