General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That perfect ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 01:17 PM
SourdieselX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That perfect ride

I've browsed a lot of threads and usually see folks complaining about this and that, but how about a positive thread about that perfect ride. This morning the weather was around 65ish, got the HD out, geared up and just went on a nice two hour ride, not a single cloud in the sky, it warmed up to about 70ish and I wasn't cold nor hot, just right. I live on the edge of town so I took off to the country side and forgot about everything that happened during my Monday thru Friday, came home instantly feeling better and with a smile on my face, all from a simple ride.

How about yours?

Old 10-19-2013, 01:28 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Coming home from Ft. Davis TX a couple of weeks ago. It stared out cold but warmed up to the 70s because there wasn't one cloud. We had our leathers on and it was nice going 70-80mph. We went to eat toward the end of the ride and that's always a treat. 550 miles in the sun.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:40 PM
KYBill
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Every time I nail that perfect ride I lament leaving my 35 mm at home, and promise myself to bring it the next time. But the next time I always reconsider because taking the kind of photos I like best would interrupt the best sections of the perfect ride

Old 10-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm of a mind that biking is just like golfing or fishing; never a bad day doing them. Pretty much all rides are perfect because I just love being on the bike. That said the most perfect rides are the ones I've taken up Trail Ridge road in the Rockies. Spectacular country and scenery. Lots of twisties. Picture stops everywhere. Clean air. You name it. It's awesome.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Anytime I get on my softail and make it home safe is the perfect ride.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:46 AM
V-Man
Supporter

Originally Posted by Shep68
I'm of a mind that biking is just like golfing or fishing; never a bad day doing them. Pretty much all rides are perfect because I just love being on the bike.
Couldn't have said it better - and honestly, if I didn't feel that way, I wouldn't keep riding. It seems there's never a shortage of complainers in life, no matter what the subject. Props to the OP for saying "enough already."

Old 10-20-2013, 08:48 AM
MarcV125
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SourdieselX
I've browsed a lot of threads and usually see folks complaining about this and that, but how about a positive thread about that perfect ride. This morning the weather was around 65ish, got the HD out, geared up and just went on a nice two hour ride, not a single cloud in the sky, it warmed up to about 70ish and I wasn't cold nor hot, just right. I live on the edge of town so I took off to the country side and forgot about everything that happened during my Monday thru Friday, came home instantly feeling better and with a smile on my face, all from a simple ride.

How about yours?

+1
My thoughts exactly

Old 10-20-2013, 12:42 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailsfrommycrib
Anytime I get on my softail and make it home safe is the perfect ride.
That would be a true statement these days.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:55 PM
factorybuilt
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A last minute ride! Last year on Labor Day. My friend Mike texted me about a ride up north. When we met at the gas station there were 7 couples. Not bad for a vacation weekend! We ended up in International Falls at an awesome resort right on the border of Canada. We had a great meal, stopped along the way for pics and the weather was perfect. 440 miles later we ended back in GR at the Dairy Queen. It was like no one wanted the day to end. Perfect ride with our friends!

Old 10-20-2013, 04:02 PM
craving94509
Tourer

Great ride to Surfside, TX today with my best friend....my old lady. Went to the Jetty Shack, had a great lunch and a few cold ones. Could not have been a more perfect ride, or day in general.

Quick Reply: That perfect ride