General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 months in and i think i got scammed

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 06:14 AM
rockstarbass1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 months in and i think i got scammed

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I need some advice. I've had my 13 WG about 2 months now and have been trying to find deals on here and eBay to mod it. Well I found someone on eBay that had a few things for sale one being a seat and the other being a power commander. I made him an offer to take them off and he said ok for the seat but wanted more for the power commander. I then never heard from him again. So I just bid on the two items. I ended up winning both for even less then I made him an offer for. Neither of them had a reserve. The next morning I get an invoice for 33$ shipping on each item. (In the listing one was free the other was 9$) I contacted him and he said he didn't know how it happened and would change it and send another invoice. He did and I paid. Come Monday afternoon I get a text from the guy saying ups wanted 80$ to ship and he couldn't pay that and had to find somewhere cheaper and next available day was wed. I told him go to USPS even though I know from Florida to Ohio 80$ is bull crap. So yesterday afternoon I sent him a text message asking if he got a chance to ship it. I never got a reply. (He told me Monday he is a cop and works nights) so I gave him about 4 hours and then called it rang twice and then voicemail. He hit the ignore button. So then I gave another 4 hours and sent a message on eBay. Still acting nice saying just checking what's going on I understand if he is busy or whatever just keep me updated.... now were at this morning and still nothing. I sent the payment Sunday morning and won the auctions sat night. What should I do??? I know I'm safe with PayPal and using eBay but this sucks I got a great deal on the stuff. Thanks chris

Old 10-31-2013, 06:19 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

I'd give him some time, if he does shift work it might take a couple of days. I wouldn't get too worried YET.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:20 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Do not wait too long there is a time limit, or you could be left out in the cold. EBay is a great place to find parts but always be on guard for the flunkies. Been doing business there for well over 10 yrs and have only two bad dealings one was resolved by the seller the other by paypal/EBay.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:21 AM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
I'd give him some time, if he does shift work it might take a couple of days. I wouldn't get too worried YET.
Yep, if he has good feedback, just hang in there and relax.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:26 AM
ga.mason
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats why I buy the old fashioned way. You put a part in my hand I will put money in yours, that way nobody gets screwed. Its worth the few extra dollars I might pay for not dealing with some nameless,faceless, who knows what on the other end of a auction site. To each his own.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:26 AM
cigarowens
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If this guy has good feedback, give him some time. If low or no feedback file with PAYPAL and don't worry about it.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:58 AM
rockstarbass1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He has like 200 positive... but it mostly is all him buying stuff not selling. Just how it all went down seams weird to me. If none of the stuff happened and I paid and disbt hear from him I wouldn't be as paranoid. Also if he has time to ignore my call he should have time to shoot a text message back.

I believe I have 45 days to make a claim. Though I won't give more then a week. It just seams to me he believes he deserved more money hence turning my offer down, then losing more making me bid. So trying to pull a quick one with the invoice. And now he's thinking the hell with it almost hoping I make a PayPal claim so he doesn't have to sell it that cheap.... I hope he isn't a member on here.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:01 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 625 Posts

I know I'm safe with PayPal and using eBay but this sucks I got a great deal on the stuff. Thanks chris[/QUOTE]

It's only a great deal AFTER you get your stuff.Good luck with it.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:39 AM
Trucky911
Road Warrior

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I sold a seat to a guy in Fla. UPS charged me about 30$ to send it there. That was 2 years ago....

Trucky911

Old 10-31-2013, 08:12 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

When I saw "scammed" and then "eBay", I thought that there's no way I'd ever buy anything off of there or CL. Sure there's good sellers on there but I'd rather pay more than take that chance.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: 2 months in and i think i got scammed