General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOL......Love My Harley

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:42 PM
Pappy1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOL......Love My Harley

The wife and I were out for lunch the other day....we were parked right in front of the place....of course a bunch of folks looking as they always do when someone is getting on a Harley....I got on and then the Wife.....right next to me was a new Dodge Charger...nice looking car....I have V&H true Duals and CFR slip on's....it makes some noise.....when she started the Car alarm went off on the Charger...the owner came out with a look of disgust....and turned it off......you could tell he was cussing me under his breathe ....My wife said did the bike do that....I smiled and said Yep.....and rode away....

Old 10-31-2013, 07:56 PM
Cheeto
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's always fun. I would occasionally run my RK without baffles and would always laugh at the car alarms and looks of pure terror from some people when cranking her up.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:25 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Thats always fun. One time I did that in a parking lot and turns out the cars on both sides of my bike had alarms. Ended up setting them both off .

Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

My bike has never set any alarms off, even when we drove around in a parking garage. And my bike is loud. But I wasn't trying to.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:03 PM
baimo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My V&H pipes along with a cam job set off the alarm on my neighbors Toyota every morning. Luckily we are friends and just laugh about it

Old 10-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Pappy1
The wife and I were out for lunch the other day....we were parked right in front of the place....of course a bunch of folks looking as they always do when someone is getting on a Harley....I got on and then the Wife.....right next to me was a new Dodge Charger...nice looking car....I have V&H true Duals and CFR slip on's....it makes some noise.....when she started the Car alarm went off on the Charger...the owner came out with a look of disgust....and turned it off......you could tell he was cussing me under his breathe ....My wife said did the bike do that....I smiled and said Yep.....and rode away....
I would have shut the bike off for a couple minutes (just long enough for him to get back to his lunch), started it back up, and did it again. Nothing makes me happier than annoying people who don't care for bikes.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:29 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
I would have shut the bike off for a couple minutes (just long enough for him to get back to his lunch), started it back up, and did it again. Nothing makes me happier than annoying people who don't care for bikes.
Yeah, same here

Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 PM
SourdieselX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happens every day at school, it gives me a grin. My mustang does the same thing, some times I question why people have such sensitive car alarms, much less an alarm period since no one every pays attention to them.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

My sporty used to do it a ton with the first generation Screaming Eagle slip ons. Great tone to those things with an Evo engine.

My VH slip ons do it sometimes, with the EFI but less. More deep than loud. Dig their tone too.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:54 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by SourdieselX
Happens every day at school, it gives me a grin. My mustang does the same thing, some times I question why people have such sensitive car alarms, much less an alarm period since no one every pays attention to them.
Morons! I always give it an extra blip.

Quick Reply: LOL......Love My Harley