General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Jeans

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:08 AM
gettomedic
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Jeans

So was looking for new jeans to wear. Anyone wearing the Harley Jeans?? The price seems about the same or cheaper than Levi's. What other jeans do you all wear??

Old 11-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Kirkland (Costco). About $16 a pair & they fit well & are durable.

Nobody cares what brand you wear, as long as the waistband is above your ***.

Last edited by Ghosteh; 11-02-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:15 AM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You might be a poser if....

Old 11-02-2013, 11:22 AM
EasyGT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not gonna flame ya OP, but you can pick up a good pair of jeans anywhere else cheaper and better quality.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:48 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Harley doesn't actually make jeans, they just buy them from a Chinese supplier/distributor in bulk and add a Harley logo so they can charge you way more than what the cheap Chinese jeans are really worth. Same for most Harley branded boots, shirts, etc. It's sad, but true. That being said, it has been a very successful and profitable business model for Harley.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:53 AM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gettomedic
So was looking for new jeans to wear. Anyone wearing the Harley Jeans?? The price seems about the same or cheaper than Levi's. What other jeans do you all wear??
Harley jeans are good quality and color hold well. I hate the Kirkland ones

Old 11-02-2013, 11:54 AM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by XKnight
Harley doesn't actually make jeans, they just buy them from a Chinese supplier/distributor in bulk and add a Harley logo so they can charge you way more than what the cheap Chinese jeans are really worth. Same for most Harley branded boots, shirts, etc. It's sad, but true. That being said, it has been a very successful and profitable business model for Harley.
I find them to be very good quality for the price.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:03 PM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by XKnight
Levi's don't make their jeans here anymore,every time I buy a new pair I look at the label inside and they're made everywhere else but in the US,and every time they fit differently (501s) and my size hasn't changed.
Therefore I don't see any difference wether you buy the HD branded ones or any other brand.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:10 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by luisan
Levi's don't make their jeans here anymore,every time I buy a new pair I look at the label inside and they're made everywhere else but in the US,and every time they fit differently (501s) and my size hasn't changed.
Therefore I don't see any difference wether you buy the HD branded ones or any other brand.
The difference is that you are usually paying extra for the Harley logo when you can buy the same product for less. Case in point, I was looking for boots and found a Harley branded pair that I really liked. The Harley boots were called the Lynx model and were priced at $185. I did some research and found out that the Harley Lynx was the exact same boot as the Bates Escalante. I ended up buying the Bates boot for around $100. Same Chinese made product without the Harley logo for much less.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 703 Likes on 466 Posts

Quick Reply: Harley Jeans