General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 09:09 AM
mickspace
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here

I am from florida I just purchased a 2008 Harley-Davidson Sportster Nightster Xl1200n.
I am currently getting acquainted with this bike.

This bike is equipped with lojack and starter disabling if key fob is not near. It is the key fob with no buttons to push.

I have been having starting issues, it will start then at times not start, I replaced the battery with a new battery.

I replaced the key fob battery.

And it is still happening.

I have read the manual, and several online resolutions, and still continues happening.

when I enter in to changing the PIN mode, it all goes as it should, the signal light flashing sequence, but nothing appears on the speedo. The key lights appears, every thing goes, I can go through the sequence not appears.

When I attempt the PIN, turn key on press turn signal in 2 seconds, nothing appears .

If anyone could possibly assist me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

I would much rather remove this feature all together as it is unnecessary.

Thank You.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome mich, you have obviously made better choices in your life before finding HDF. I think you will like it here. It can be a fun and informative place to hang out. Theirs all kinds here, so I hope you have a tough skin. Answers will run the gamut. Their are many sub forums as well. Feel free to troll around and add your two cents worth on anything of interest or particular knowledge. Others will chime in and recommend you visit the first timers page and introduce yourself. Be prepared....! ROFL

Now to address your current issue at hand. "I have no Idea" Really! But not to fear, their are many here who have forgotten more than I will ever know and will chime soon enough. I believe their is also a sub forum for issues like yours. You might wish to post this over there. Good luck, and I'm sure their has to be a way to disconnect that whole system.

aka BOB

ps. I might have an idea. Take tha dayum lojack outa da system and see if it helps.

Last edited by Turbo Turtle; 11-03-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: I hada do it
Old 11-03-2013, 09:53 AM
bambamortiz
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome from NY

Old 11-03-2013, 09:57 AM
mickspace
Stage II

Thank you,

I did take it out , I believe the ECM, brain has to have something to read, I think, I could be wrong, I will have to buy the part that is originally installed. Not like the good old days, fix it with a piece if wire and a screw driver...

Thanks for the welcome..

Old 11-03-2013, 09:58 AM
2011FLHTK
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry I can't help, but have you talked to a tech at your local dealer or shop? Maybe the guy behind the counter has seen this before.

Welcome to HD.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:26 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Welcome. I've heard of other people having a loose ground wire where it attaches to the engine case. Good luck.

Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Pappy1
Road Captain

Yep...don't wear your feelings on your shirt sleeve.....LOL

Welcome to the Forum

Old 11-03-2013, 04:07 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,477 Likes on 2,477 Posts

I once bought a brand new FXDC, and didn't want the security. The dealership offered to swap me a brand new module without the security for the one in my bike. Maybe your dealer might do that with you?

Old 11-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Blue Line
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcom from Maryland...

In referance to enter PIN to disarm procedure, you stated that you turn on ignition, within 2 seconds press turn signal, and nothing appears. Just curious, did you turn ignition on, off, then on again, within 2 seconds press both( right, and left) turn signal buttons at the same time? If not try the aforementioned sequence. Hope it works out for you...

Old 11-03-2013, 04:47 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Welcome. Join us in the Florida Crew.

Quick Reply: New here