General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gloves for cooler weather needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts
Default Gloves for cooler weather needed

What do you guys (and gals) wear when it starts getting cooler out?

Looking for some waterproof gloves, preferably the gauntlet style.

BTW, ran into this guy at the Motorcycle Swap meet - he makes some pretty cool chopper gloves!
http://motostuka.com/?page_id=722

Bought a pair, and they are pretty nice. Waterproof too.

Last edited by Road Star; 11-04-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:13 PM
caglezxj
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the armored gauntlet gloves from leatherup they cost 29.99 awesome reviews and they fit and are made nicely.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Superrust
Tourer

If you're not going electric where Gerbing makes a great product, I suggest these (link below) 4 season gloves by Olympia. I use these and so far they are working well. I would not wear them in the summer (too warm) and so far at 45 degrees they seem good. My fingers have been a little cool when there is fog in the air but so far it's not enough to make me go electric. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

The gloves you posted look really sweet.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

I tried a bunch of sets and finally went with Gerbing. Wish I would have just got them in the beginning, could have saved a lot of money that way.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Well, I don't really need COLD weather gloves, I'm in California, it's not really freezing out here.

Anybody have some good gauntlet style gloves that are water-proof?

Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found decent gauntlet gloves at farm implement stores...Bomgaars, Menards, etc. You could also hit a metric cycle shop. Picked up a pair of Yamaha Star gauntlet's at a yard sale for $5. Great bargain and good cool weather gloves. Leather on the palm side and nylon on the other with some sort of armor imbedded. A couple of velcro closures. Very good down into the 50's, high 40's. No idea how much they are new but a good glove.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:54 PM
caglezxj
Tourer

The ones I mentioned is waterproof.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:59 PM
GNrider
Tourer

For me gloves are like helmets...I can't buy em without trying them on. Every vendor cuts them a little different so they all fit different. If your in so. ca. try chapparal. great selection..again there all different but I liked the Tour Master. They have a long gauntlet and are warm but not clumsy.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:06 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Snowmobile gloves.... Perfect for cold weather riding. Warm, extended gauntlet and waterproof

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/snowmobile/gloves.html

Old 11-04-2013, 11:16 PM
JustOneDean
Road Warrior
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/produ...gauntlet-lined

This is what I use. I've ridden in 30-40 degree conditions with them on and still been able to operate the controls just fine, no stiffness or numbness. Lower than that, I have a pair of Freeze-out glove liners I got from Cycle Gear on clearance for 10 bucks. They're great gloves, and unless you go for a long ride up to Idyllwild or Palomar or something, they'll be sufficient for the kind of temperatures we get around here during winter.

Best part is, they're not nearly as bulky as the typical power-ranger gauntlets are. No problem feeling switches on the bars, and I can dig stuff out of my pockets (with some effort) without taking the gloves off.

They aren't waterproof on their own, though. You'll want to use your own leather conditioner and sealer if you do get them. I just use Leather Honey, no sealer. Rode in that rainstorm we had a few weeks ago and my hands stayed dry. The rest of me, not so much, but my hands were fine.

Quick Reply: Gloves for cooler weather needed