General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love heated gear!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 02:57 PM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I love heated gear!!!

I put on my new HD heated jacket liner and Hd heated gloves and rode this morning for hours in 40 degree weather like it was 80 degrees out! This changes the whole riding season.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Shep68
Road Master

Yep. Been lots of threads about the stuff lately since the weather is changing. I rode w/ the same gear this morning...about 25 degrees. Was sweating when I pulled into the parking lot at work. It's pretty outstanding gear.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:14 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I'm always wondering if they get too hot, short out and catch on fire or the battery life. But, I would like to have heated gloves. My hands seem to get the coldest.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

With Gerbing stuff, you can buy a thermostat to control how hot the gear gets. I've never heard of any getting too hot, or causing battery problems. I've had my gloves for 10 years and they still work fine. Their warranty is the best I've ever heard of. Lifetime unless you physicaly damage the piece,like from a slide or tear.,,

Old 11-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Shep68
Road Master

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I'm always wondering if they get too hot, short out and catch on fire or the battery life. But, I would like to have heated gloves. My hands seem to get the coldest.
There's an inline fuse for protection. You unplug the gear when you walk away from the bike so no battery drain. They also sell a rheostat controller to dial down the heat if you choose. The gloves are well worth it. I started out w/ only the gloves and it changed my whole attitude about riding in the cold. Now I have the liner too for core heat. Great investment.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:35 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
Yep. Left my gloves on and they caught fire.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:56 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Thanks Cahuna, Shep & Soft! And OUCH to you Soft!

I'll have to check that Gerbing site out, since I've seen them mentioned a lot. I know HD sells gloves but I can imagine how much they are. $$$$$

Old 11-06-2013, 07:37 PM
user45
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the heated gear and thermostat. My kit includes, HD heated jacket liner, HD Dual Source gloves (gauntlet type), Gerbing heated pant liner, and Gerbing Thermostat. I commute year round and having the heated gear makes the winter commute just another day. I did just order a pair of ThermaCell rechargeable heated insoles to keep my feet warm come Jan/Feb. I bought the Gerbing pant liners because they have the zip up legs unlike the HD pant liners which have stirrups. My work is office casual, button downs and dress pants, no jeans. I just throw the heated pant liners over my dress pants and under my leather chaps, then I don't have to change when I get to the office. I do plan on buying the new Gerbing over pants when they finally are available in 2014. The heated jacket liner I wear under my Leather riding jacket, no windshield or fairing so the gauntlet gloves seemed like the best option.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:55 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

LOL, 40 degrees is 2/3's of our riding season in Minnesnowta !

I got my first Gerbings about 5 years ago. I'm now 60 years old.

I can't believe I waited so long!

Old 11-06-2013, 09:53 PM
mazeppa
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also check out Warm & Safe heated gear, especially their remote control Heat-troller.

I use a Warm & Safe dual remote control Heat-troller and their heated jacket with Gerbins heated gloves.

Quick Reply: I love heated gear!!!