General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vest; Legendary USA or Fox Creek

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 12:33 PM
saxnbass
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vest; Legendary USA or Fox Creek

So I'm looking to get a vest. I am looking at a few different ones from Legendary USA and Fox Creek. I'm wondering if any of you have experience with either (or even better, both) of these companies?

The specific vests I'm looking at are:

Legendary Brotherhood; wish it had a black liner instead of red
Legendary Nomad;The zipper front says 'easier and faster' to me, what are you guys' thoughts on zipper vs snaps closures?
Legendary Grim Reaper; Not entirely sure how I feel about having a collar. I guess if I don't like it, I can always take it somewhere to have it removed, right?
Fox Creek V-Neck Rebel; V-Neck seems like it'd be more comfortable when worn over a jacket (and I am always wearing a jacket if I'm riding).
Fox Creek Rebel; Basically the same as the Legendary Grim Reaper but with zippers on the hand warmer pockets (at least my keys and such won't be able to fall out)

The one big thing that is nice about the Fox Creek that the Legendary don't do, is the vertical pocket on the inside for a wallet or phone; Legendary has both pockets horizontal, and I'm afraid my phone or wallet would fall out while riding.

Any insight or opinions on any of these vests or either company would be great. Also, if you happen to own one of the mentioned vests, please feel free to share a picture of you wearing it; I find seeing what it looks like being worn is a lot more helpful than the pictures on the websites.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,789 Likes on 931 Posts

http://www.legendaryusa.com/Nomad-Le...ets-p/7210.htm

Nomad of course!

My review is on the page.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked out First Classics vests? Good quality leather and considerably cheaper than these two brands. I have both a V-neck and regular style vest. Prefer the regular style for looks. Mine has that "collar" you are referring to, and it's not a problem. They make them in concealed carry too. Sell for right around the $100 mark up to $150 or so. Cheaper price but not cheaper quality.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 PM
pdfiddler
Tourer

Get the one with zips.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:38 PM
B_nichols
Cruiser

Legendary is better than fox creek IMO. But lil Joe's is the best period.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:05 PM
OFOH
Intermediate

Have the Fox Creek Rebel and like it a lot. The inside pockets are really nice for all sorts of things. The left one is set up for ccw and it works well, carries a beretta abd browning really nice. but I am sure the others are really nice as well. Fox Creek is very easy to deal with. just my 2 cents worth

Old 11-07-2013, 02:17 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 380 Posts

Never buttons on anything.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:17 PM
saxnbass
Stage IV

Originally Posted by B_nichols
Legendary is better than fox creek IMO. But lil Joe's is the best period.
Care to elaborate why Legendary is better than Fox Creek?

I have heard mixed things on the current Lil Joe's. I heard when Joe was making them under the HA Leathers name they were top notch, now that Joe is dead and it's now under Black Magic Apparel and "Lil Joe's Legendary Leathers" the quality is a bit more hit and miss. I know Legendary and Fox Creek aren't the cheapest, but they're still $100 less than Lil Joe's, and $350 for a vest seems a bit too steep to me.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:18 PM
saxnbass
Stage IV

Originally Posted by aces&8s
Never buttons on anything.
How come?

Old 11-07-2013, 02:21 PM
saxnbass
Stage IV

Originally Posted by pdfiddler
Get the one with zips.
Personal preference or is there a reason behind this? I had a vest with buttons that my friend let me borrow for a while and they took much longer to button up than it takes me to zip up my jacket.

Originally Posted by Shep68
Have you checked out First Classics vests? Good quality leather and considerably cheaper than these two brands. I have both a V-neck and regular style vest. Prefer the regular style for looks. Mine has that "collar" you are referring to, and it's not a problem. They make them in concealed carry too. Sell for right around the $100 mark up to $150 or so. Cheaper price but not cheaper quality.
My friend loaned me a First vest of his, he's had it for a few months now, the leather seemed quality good, but the inside pockets were folding over on themselves and the overall vest just didn't strike me as all that great.

Quick Reply: Vest; Legendary USA or Fox Creek