General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all you tired of the snow. Nice ride up the PCH (hwy 1) today! About 70*'s

Old 12-01-2013, 03:32 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,054 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Do 1 north cut over past Denny's place do the Sequoias , overnite in the valley under half dome in Yosemite then take the pass ride over the top to 395 and do the Mono lake / Mammoth Mountain tour .
That's great Riding over there Twizted, and 120 East of 395 is Fun , We would use Levining to spend 3 nights and Do day Rides from there .

Old 12-01-2013, 03:53 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Was a good ride. Went from Cambria to Carmel. Saw about 20 zebras. bunch o elephant seals and a few condors. Got to carmel saw a bunch o ********. Was going to go up to Santa cruz but traffic was bad around Carmel.

bastach.. looks beautiful man, i'm envious.

i was going to use the bike today to run down into west virginny for a bit but the mrs reminded, yeah the 30's aint gonna kill ya, but one of those idiots in a hurry to get back home from grandmas turkey might..

glad i listened, some douche in a beemer ignored the 4 20' signs that the lane he was in, was an exit only, then he tried to pass me and a tractor trailer only to find out the lane ended and neither the semi, myself or anybody else was letting him in. he ended up getting jammed up in traffic and losing about 4 spots or so in the line of traffic.. dumas.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Roni
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 582 Posts

Meh. Anyone can ride when it's 70+ outside. Out here it got up to a whopping 45F, so I adjusted the idle on the Honda and went out for a couple of hours. Stopped at an ice cream shop for a cup of soft serve and talked bikes with a guy who had just gotten off of work.

Why? Just because I could.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:43 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by Roni
Meh. Anyone can ride when it's 70+ outside. Out here it got up to a whopping 45F, so I adjusted the idle on the Honda and went out for a couple of hours. Stopped at an ice cream shop for a cup of soft serve and talked bikes with a guy who had just gotten off of work.

Why? Just because I could.
Well it was 35* when I started the day.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 1,908 Posts

Just to make you feel even better (if possible) forecast here for tonight is 3 to 6 inches of white stuff.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead

Those southern "manners" rarely seem to show up here. Why not just say "nice pics" and move on?

We have some great rides down here, too. The Ortega (CA-74) isn't too far away, and there are some amazing views around Palomar Mountain. PCH is definitely on my wish list, but San Diego and Riverside counties are pretty awesome, too.

Thanks for the pics Soft02!
Palomar and Julian are great, but they get old after a while. I just google'd the Ortega ride, will have to do some more research on that one. Tks!

Old 12-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Can't believe you were able to survive a ride, over 2 hours, in a bike without a fairing, heated seats, LED headlight, custom shocks, footboards, neumatic seats, GPS, heated grips, lighted controls, saddle bags and tour pack.

Kidding of course, but it is great to see someone swing a leg over whatever bike they ride, and head out on the road.

Along with some buddies, we just made this same trip. Started in San Diego (great riding area) and hugged the coast until it got foggy. Checked the weather conditions, and flipped over the foothills to 101 until it got too hot to enjoy. Flipped back to the coast, where it was again sunny. Did this all the way up to Canada. Drove to the top of Vancouver island and Took ferry up inland passage to Pt. Rupert, and headed inland to Banff. Returned down Idaho, and then flipped back and forth between the warm inland and cooler coast. Just followed the good weather and came upon some fantastic roads.

Guess my point, is that the Highway beacons. Dont fuss so much about the bike, the roads and the weather. Adapt and overcome any issues, and enjoy the ride. (Pretty cool about the Zebra's though)

When you get on your bike, you soon forget about politics, taxes, guns, job issues, and family drama. (keep those things for the forums) That is the magic of a Harley on the open road.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:48 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
I was there yesterday...they all say hey back to ya!
Thanks Tri, Man I have some good storys about Hermosa back in the 69-70s, people use to live in the fast lane till the wheels fell off.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:59 PM
biglipps66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there too sunny and 80!!! Rode in at shirt muahaha

Old 12-03-2013, 05:36 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Forgot to add the short vid:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For all you tired of the snow. Nice ride up the PCH (hwy 1) today! About 70*'s