General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona 2014 Accomodations

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 02:11 PM
robcyn
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona 2014 Accomodations

I have friends from Michigan that come down every year for Bike Week. They lost their place they usually stay in that was in Daytona and they asked me to find them somewhere to stay. They wanted to see more of the state than just Daytona and the east coast this time so I was able to find them a nice 4 bed vacation home in Kissimmee. It has a 2 car garage so they can put the bikes away at night and is really close to all the Orlando attractions. Best thing was the price $129 a night and it sleeps 10 people so the entire 9 night stay will be $1300. That's $130 per person for the entire stay. They were paying double that amount to stay in Daytona so its a great deal if anyone wants to consider staying in the Orlando area and saving some money !! Plus I only had to give them $300 to place the reservation, they will charge my card I thing they said a month before their arrival date.

Here is the company I booked with:
Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals 877-659-5585
http://www.floridasunshinevacationrentals.com/

Just a heads up if anyone wants an alternative to a hotel.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

That is a good little ride to Daytona from there and it is on the opposite side of Orlando.

For Bike Week, tell them to always bring their jacket. The ride home is almost guaranteed to be chilly. I've frozen my butt off before riding home from bike week at night without a jacket. (50 degrees at 80 mph in a tshirt is like teeth chattering cold)

The distance rules out them drinking much also.

The good news is Tampa is just a hop and skip from there.
Even Fort Lauderdale is a VERY easy 3 hour run down the turnpike.

Old 12-21-2013, 03:53 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

"cough".....troll?

Old 01-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Infidel nation TANK
Stage II
Thumbs up Looking for accommodation for the next bike week....

And to meet new bike friends to join this weekend?
I am riding from Miami up Daytona....so if they are other brothers and sister who want to meet?
Cheers
Hendrick

Old 01-21-2014, 09:26 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have always wondered why daytona rooms were so expensive. i can understand sturgis, as there are so few rooms. there are condos and motels/hotels every where at daytona. daytona and sturgis both attract about the same number of people...should be a surplus of rooms in daytona area.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:03 AM
Ckittler
Intermediate

Problem in Daytona like alot of quote so called vacation area motels are out to make up for so called off season. Like the lady said " Just say NO " find a room somewhere else for alot less $$$$. IMO you come to Central FLA to ride or you can go downtown D to " pose " with the " want to be's " lol !!!!

Old 01-22-2014, 10:12 PM
ScottCocoaBeach
Advanced

New Smyrna Beach is nice and a very short ride up to Daytona.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:53 AM
HDriderDave1
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

I never stay in a motel in Daytona.....way to expensive! There are lots of places nearby with great rates. Camping or Motel, I love Daytona Bike Week

Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 AM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

One alternative is to find a house/condo owner who would rather leave the area during bike week and rent their place from them. We have gone numerous times and have never paid more than $100 per bedroom per night and are usually close enough to walk to Main Street and are usually ocean front.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:24 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Ckittler
Problem in Daytona like alot of quote so called vacation area motels are out to make up for so called off season. Like the lady said " Just say NO " find a room somewhere else for alot less $$$$. IMO you come to Central FLA to ride or you can go downtown D to " pose " with the " want to be's " lol !!!!
You got it! Bike Week is intentionally scheduled at the end of the "slow season" as a way for the hotels to start making money a few weeks earlier than they normally would. Kissimmee is close to 100 miles SW of Daytona. Nice town near Disney, but its very busy, with souvenir stores, restaurants, lots of traffic, and if you want to come to Main St, the Speedway or Destination Daytona, the quickest way is up I-4 through Orlando & Sanford to Daytona, which is one of the deadliest stretches of road in the US.