General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 05:21 PM
codybear
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Gloves

I just purchased a pair of Gerbings G3 gloves online. I had a set of the older style several years ago and was pleased with them. I was extremely disappointment to find that the G3 gauntlet will not fit over my leather jacket so they are getting returned. I don't even know how they would overlook this.

After reading some reviews on the 1st gear gloves I am seeing complaints of the same issue with them.

I ride year around. So far I have managed with my hands hiding behind the fairing on my Electra Glide but once I get my 17" apes on I will have to have heated gloves.

Any recommendations?

Old 12-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gerbings T5's. Bigger gauntlet fits over the jacket sleeve easy. Velcro closure to seal off the wrist. Thicker insulation so you won't feel the heat as hot on your hands but they are still comfortably warm. I have no complaints.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:33 PM
codybear
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply Shep. I was hoping to find something cheaper. I know the batteries and charger is not included but did the come with any cables at all? My old Gerbings came with everything needed to hook up and had an on/off switch inline. Didn't even check the ones I just received after trying them on.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:37 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I just purchased some Gerbing T5 hybrids. They're supposed to come with the bike-wiring (haven't arrived yet). The batteries/charger are an additional $95.

Alan

Old 12-31-2013, 05:45 PM
codybear
Intermediate

Thanks Alan. If I had the funds, I would get the batteries. I say this because I had another brand of battery heated gloves. I loved the convenience of the batteries versus cables for riding back and forth to work. The problem with the pair I had lasted less than a year. I emailed the company about warranty coverage a couple weeks ago and never received a reply. Here are the ones to avoid for anyone watching this thread. http://www.mobilewarminggear.com/mot...love-1234.html

Old 12-31-2013, 05:55 PM
Shep68
Road Master

I have the wired only version. Came w/ cable, fuses and on/off switch. Cost me $160 at a BMW cycle shop...they were having a 20% off sale. Check Surdyke.com to see if they have any deals or call around to BMW (or other) cycle shops.

All the heated gear I've purchased came w/ the cables, fuses and on/off btw. All told I've got about 3 sets now...nice to have back ups.

Last edited by Shep68; 12-31-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:28 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

I use Gerbing glove LINERS. They fit under any glove I want. Work just amazing. I recommend the adjustable controller. Really makes a difference when you can dial down the heat.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:37 PM
Damn_Yankee
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm using Firstgear (Warm & Safe) heated glove liners with Harley Windshielder Gloves. The Windshielders have a good sized gauntlet. I've had the gloves for a couple years and like them, the liners I've only had for about 2 months, but the combination has worked well so far.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:55 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 703 Likes on 466 Posts

I have the G3 gloves and although it's a tight fit, I get them to fit over the sleeves of the jackets I wear. Maybe with a little effort you can get them to fit?

Old 01-01-2014, 03:17 AM
Pinetop
Tourer

Originally Posted by baka1969
I have the G3 gloves and although it's a tight fit, I get them to fit over the sleeves of the jackets I wear. Maybe with a little effort you can get them to fit?
The Powerlet is the only ones i would put my money on after using them. It is 32 degrees here. Just came in from two hour ride. I am as comfortable as in living room.

Quick Reply: Heated Gloves