General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who's other half rides

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 07:12 AM
cajun555
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default For those who's other half rides

Its the same routine every time we ride. Drag both bikes out of shed, park hers on the end of driveway where its level ground or I get my butt chewed out. Always the same questions, do I need my big jacket?, Do I need my gloves?, chaps?. Finally all suited up ready to ride, "Honey, I got to go pee".

Now were ready yo ride, shes smoking a cig., I say lets go, she says I'm smoking, I say so, lets go. I get the lecture again that its not lady like to have a cig. hanging out of your mouth.

We push a hundred or so miles, stop to take a break. "Honey, does my hair look ok? I reply, you just rode 100 miles, yes it looks ok, don't worry about. I just don't believe someone is going to come up to you and say "good gawd, why don't you fix your hair".

I could go on and on but I won't. I will add that I do love her.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:18 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 995 Likes on 326 Posts

Better hope she doesn't read this...LOL

Old 03-03-2014, 09:10 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Gf says lets go riding she's got her stuff out and going before me......... "You're slowing me down" she says

Old 03-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Bagger Bum
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just remember happy wife happy life.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Helping her push it backwards up little inclines is about the only problem I tend to have.

Well....that and she's annoying slow to accelerate from a stop, especially up highway entry ramps. But once she's going she'll move up to a decent speed, like 5-10mph over the limit.

And I tend to have to pee more than she does, so that's almost never a problem.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:29 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

And your point is?????..

Is it any different when she say's Honey'' I just need to run into this shoe store for a minute????

The Wife and I have been together for over 40 yrs and I've learned to just go with the flow..

I am happy with her 98% of the time.. I've just learned to relax and not let a few minor things turn in to big thing.. I don't want a NO - 3 at my age.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:30 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Might be a PIA for you but I say just be glad she rides..... I'm sure there's a bunch of guys here who go through the same thing and this is just to get her on the back of the bike.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Oxford
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

That's why I always kiss my wife before I leave. That way I don't have to take her with.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 AM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I found out that divorce can be a wonderful thing

Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by cajun555
Its the same routine every time we ride. Drag both bikes out of shed, park hers on the end of driveway where its level ground or I get my butt chewed out. Always the same questions, do I need my big jacket?, Do I need my gloves?, chaps?. Finally all suited up ready to ride, "Honey, I got to go pee".

Now were ready yo ride, shes smoking a cig., I say lets go, she says I'm smoking, I say so, lets go. I get the lecture again that its not lady like to have a cig. hanging out of your mouth.

We push a hundred or so miles, stop to take a break. "Honey, does my hair look ok? I reply, you just rode 100 miles, yes it looks ok, don't worry about. I just don't believe someone is going to come up to you and say "good gawd, why don't you fix your hair".

I could go on and on but I won't. I will add that I do love her.
i feel for you. my wife rides, but she is 180* different than that. i told her when she first started riding that if she was gonna ride, she was gonna have to know how to work on her own ride.

she gets her own bike out of the garage, does her own oil changes, bolt on mods, cleaning and waxing, and she even replaced her own front wheel. she was intimidated by the rear, but she helped me with that.

plus she don't smoke

Quick Reply: For those who's other half rides