General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wife and kids get kicked out of dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 09:55 PM
mopeman-72HD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My wife and kids get kicked out of dealership!

Well looks like my quest to buy a sportster just got harder! While I am in Texas for training (military) my wife was trying to work with a local dealership here in Boise and got kicked out! We were trying to buy a bike from them and thought we had a deal worked out last Sun (2-23). That following Wednesday we were going to pick the 48 and the dealer said they had sold it the day before! We had done the financing and were approved and ready to go. Well tonight she had gone to the dealer to ask WTF and see if they had something else for us and she and the kids go kicked out and told to never return or they would call the cops and have her arrested for trespassing! So needless to say I am very pissed off right now, she called me crying and was very upset as she has never been told that before. So I guess we are looking for a new dealer!!!

Old 03-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by mopeman-72HD
Well looks like my quest to buy a sportster just got harder! While I am in Texas for training (military) my wife was trying to work with a local dealership here in Boise and got kicked out! We were trying to buy a bike from them and thought we had a deal worked out last Sun (2-23). That following Wednesday we were going to pick the 48 and the dealer said they had sold it the day before! We had done the financing and were approved and ready to go. Well tonight she had gone to the dealer to ask WTF and see if they had something else for us and she and the kids go kicked out and told to never return or they would call the cops and have her arrested for trespassing! So needless to say I am very pissed off right now, she called me crying and was very upset as she has never been told that before. So I guess we are looking for a new dealer!!!
Picking on a woman and her kids not cool, unless your kids were out of control. Did they give a reason?

Last edited by Ron750; 03-06-2014 at 07:46 AM. Reason: link removed
Old 03-05-2014, 10:02 PM
rickb
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow that's hard man. I bet there is 2 side's to that story.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:10 PM
racin45
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unless she was totally irate (which she had every right too be) and vulgar that shop would have the wrath of god brought too there Door when I returnt brother ,

Old 03-05-2014, 10:11 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

This sounds like onna those stories that has a whole other side to it.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:12 PM
MN_RoadKing
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rickb
Wow that's hard man. I bet there is 2 side's to that story.
Exactly. I bet we are hearing about 25% of the story. Not hearing the dealers half and probably half of what the wife told the OP is true. Not saying the dealer didn't do something wrong, but we ain't got all the facts.

As Paul Harvey would say, after springing all the facts, 'and now you know....the rest of the story. Good day!'

Last edited by MN_RoadKing; 03-05-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:14 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Whoever bought if must have had the cash or a big down payment. I'm not siding with them but money talks...but GOOD business wise, it was wrong.

As for her getting kicked out, if she made a scene and was disruptive, I could see them asking her to leave. Most any business would do that.

At least you know where you stand on getting a bike now. Just go to another dealership.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Cheeto
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing there's another side not being told here. I can't think of any reason a dealer would outright ban someone without justification and they probably sold the bike thinking your wife was a really thorough tire-kicker and not serious about buying.

If I'm wrong and she was kicked out for no reason, I'd be down there raising hell.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:23 PM
HeadoftheBeast
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

As everybody else has state, there is clearly some information missing here. You say your wife went down to ask "what the ****". Did she go in there and act disrespectfully and/or make a scene? Had any papers been signed on the bike? If not, did either of you give them something to hold the bike (normally they will hold a bike with a refundable $100 deposit). There is definitely a huge chunk of this story that is missing.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:29 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Where is Paul Harvey...I want the rest of the story

Quick Reply: My wife and kids get kicked out of dealership!