General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D2 Moto, Tri Bar light. BAD Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default D2 Moto, Tri Bar light. BAD Experience

I'm going to save you the trouble and feeling like you got ripped off.
I purchased the rear fender Tri-Bar light because I wanted to have the added function of a brake light for safety and visibility reasons. I purchased this from Amazon for $29.98 delivered. It arrives a few days later and I attempt the install and the wiring harness does not fit my bike (2013 Road Glide) so, I follow the procedures and I have to pay $6.00 for shipping to return it. I figured they would reimburse me for this. Well, 4 days later I get my refund and it's for only $23.91

I want to know where did $5.98 go? Well, they respond and not only are they not going to reimburse me for the shipping, but they have a re-stocking fee that isn't stated anywhere.
So to re-cap. I'm out $6 for shipping and $5.98 for the unstated re-stock fee
Total $11.98

I thought why purchase the Harley unit for around $110 from Zanottis when I can buy the D2 light for $30? There is a big difference in quality. The D2 light wouldn't make it through the rain.

I wanted to warn you before throwing your money away like I did. FYI the $12 bucks isn't the problem. The problem is horrible service from a retailer.
We've come to accept and expect crappy service these days and they figure
"well, he's going to do nothing that will affect sales"
If I can warn you before you get sucked into this purchase, that's great.

My advice, just buy the Harley unit and be done with it. Why hope the D2 light doesn't crap out when you wash your bike or when you ride through the rain.

Complaint complete

Dragon