General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Steelers Fan!! Not smart

Old 03-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Glidedsternfan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Hey Steelers Fan!! Not smart

Sorry, I feel it's my responsibility to say something.
Let me start off by saying, I didn't get a picture, sorry.
Anyway, yesterday I saw a guy on a yellow and black Electraglide, with the tour pak removed, sitting front and center at a traffic light, who had a huge circular Pittsburg Steelers sticker on the windshield. It was blocking most of this guys field of vision through the windshield! Now, I'll eat my words and apologize publicly if it was one of those stickers that works like a one way mirror but I really don't think it was.
I know, having a touring model myself, that, if you have the correct size windshield you're supposed to look over the top of it not through it. However, you still need to be able to see through it! It's tough enough out on the roads what with the majority of cagers not looking out for us but if you block your vision with a huge sticker, now you can't even look out for yourself!
Use your head for more than a hat rack Pittsburgh Steelers fan guy! Find some other way of showing your allegiance to your favorite football team without endangering your own safety.
OK, rant complete. Have a great day.

GSF

Old 03-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Chesapeake
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one ever accused a Pittsburgh fan of being to smart! Go Ravens!

Old 03-09-2014, 05:19 PM
AZRenegade
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chesapeake
No one ever accused a Pittsburgh fan of being to smart! Go Ravens!
Where were you last season? The Ravens ARE gone! The champs were 8-8 last season and are looking to add Champ Bailey to their defense. Pathetic. And the proper word is "too" smart, dummy!

Last edited by AZRenegade; 03-09-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:58 PM
The88Beast04
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glidedsternfan
...I know, having a touring model myself, that, if you have the correct size windshield you're supposed to look over the top of it not through it. However, you still need to be able to see through it!...
I followed that "correct" size rule when buying a windshield and it ended up just making my head and vision buzz around like a paint can at anything above 55! I'm fixing that this year by buying the biggest 'shield I can.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Slap
Cruiser

as a die hard Browns fan I can say typical PS fan...
yeah I've heard all the Browns jokes...they won the world championship the year before the 1st super bowl...Hey...there's always next year

Old 03-09-2014, 06:28 PM
pbsdaddy
Extreme HDF Member

Received 5,381 Likes on 2,486 Posts

Geez guys, give it a break. It's still the toughest division in football. Bengals, Browns, Ravens and Steelers. Amongst them, there is always a contender for the big dance.

Now, who can tell me which two teams volunteered to become AFC teams when the current NFL was first built? Hint, it was done because the old NFL had more teams than the Old AFL.

(Of course, only one of these teams has 6 rings from the dance)

Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 PM
cb7263
Road Captain

Anything that makes the stealers a worse team (including fan stupidity) is ok in my book. Just wish he was a bit smarter about his own safety.
And I hope I don't get nailed by the spelling police! lol

Go Hawks!!
Superbowl Champs!

Old 03-09-2014, 06:43 PM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Fleur de lis on my helmet but most of you would'nt even know what that was. lol

Old 03-09-2014, 06:48 PM
cb7263
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ROLLNTIGER
I have a Fleur de lis on my helmet but most of you would'nt even know what that was. lol
I did know it was for the Saints, but have to admit I didn't know what it was.
I do now however, good ol Google!

Old 03-09-2014, 06:51 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Glidedsternfan
Sorry, I feel it's my responsibility to say something.
Let me start off by saying, I didn't get a picture, sorry.
Anyway, yesterday I saw a guy on a yellow and black Electraglide, with the tour pak removed, sitting front and center at a traffic light, who had a huge circular Pittsburg Steelers sticker on the windshield. It was blocking most of this guys field of vision through the windshield! Now, I'll eat my words and apologize publicly if it was one of those stickers that works like a one way mirror but I really don't think it was.
I know, having a touring model myself, that, if you have the correct size windshield you're supposed to look over the top of it not through it. However, you still need to be able to see through it! It's tough enough out on the roads what with the majority of cagers not looking out for us but if you block your vision with a huge sticker, now you can't even look out for yourself!
Use your head for more than a hat rack Pittsburgh Steelers fan guy! Find some other way of showing your allegiance to your favorite football team without endangering your own safety.
OK, rant complete. Have a great day.

GSF
The next smart Steeler fan I meet will be the first.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey Steelers Fan!! Not smart