General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warmest (non heated) waterproof gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts
Default Warmest (non heated) waterproof gloves?

Ok, lets hear your suggestions.

Thanks!

Old 03-23-2014, 09:35 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I've finally given up. I need a pair (which I figured must be wind proof along with water proof in order to work) for those mornings when the temps are below freezing. I've spent quite a bit of money on different versions. Probably enough to actually buy heated gloves to begin with. Even then, not sure how well they'll do. My fingertips sometimes hurt pretty badly after riding highway speeds for 25 some odd miles while going to work.

I finally decided to stick with these, as much as I hate them. But they do work. Just a pain in the butt if you have to take a hand out of them to open a fogged up face shield.

Paid something like $19.95 for them two winters ago. Now I just keep them in the saddle bags during the winter.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:14 PM
B_nichols
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear my snowmobile gloves. They are the best I have found, no more frozen finger tips. But next year I'll be getting some heated gloves.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:37 AM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've tried a few and never found any that would keep the fingertips from getting half frozen. If you ride in the cold often enough get the heated ones. I finally did and they are freaking wonderful.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:23 AM
Big Boz
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

First Gear Kathmandu

Make sure that you get the new model that doesn't have the suede like material for the fingers. That material is known to fray and come apart.

I sent them a picture of the bad glove and a copy of my receipt and they sent me the upgraded glove at no charge.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 226 Likes on 142 Posts

I just keep a couple of pairs of larger than normal gloves insulated in the tour pak. I also swear by the knit style thermal glove liners. A good pair will fit inside your favourite pair of leather gloves and make them twice as warm. I use them working outdoors all winter in sub zero temps. A good pair will cost up to $20 but it is worth it to keep a few dry pairs on hand.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:38 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparkee...
I just keep a couple of pairs of larger than normal gloves insulated in the tour pak. I also swear by the knit style thermal glove liners. A good pair will fit inside your favourite pair of leather gloves and make them twice as warm. I use them working outdoors all winter in sub zero temps. A good pair will cost up to $20 but it is worth it to keep a few dry pairs on hand.

Yeah, well I have insulated leather gloves, and Thermax liners. Fingertips still get painfully cold at 70 mph in sub-freezing temps.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:22 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I wear SealSkinz gloves. There not leather but do fairly well at keeping hands warm. They allow for a decent tactile feel of the grips and are completely waterproof. Unless you have heated ones your hands will likely get cold at some point regardless.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:08 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 258 Posts

Ice fishing gloves...black sticky rubber outside, fleece lining, seamless...got mine in an Idaho hardware store last summer riding in the rain...awesome! Wish I'd found 'em years ago...

Old 03-29-2014, 06:48 AM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

My latest purchase was Hugger waterproof leather gloves. I haven't ridden in the rain with them yet but they do seem to be warmer when I tried them at about 40 degrees.

Quick Reply: Warmest (non heated) waterproof gloves?