General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walking Harley "billboard"

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Sconnie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walking Harley "billboard"

Not trying to troll here, I just don't understand why guys feel like they have to interject with "I'm not a billboard for Harley" or "I'm not giving Harley free advertisement" in every response they post? Especially when most people saying this own/have owned multiple Harley's. Do you tear all the badges off your car/truck because they have Ford/Chevy whatever? What makes a product that you've spent thousands (in some cases hundreds of thousands) of dollars on so terrible that the thought of wearing something with that logo so repulsing? Sorry for the rant, I just find this odd..

Old 03-28-2014, 07:02 PM
cmeaney
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take some Pepto and go to bed, you will feel better in the morning...

Old 03-28-2014, 07:05 PM
Sconnie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmeaney
Take some Pepto and go to bed, you will feel better in the morning...
Haha, yeah I guess I'm just feeling a bit whiney tonight

Old 03-28-2014, 07:32 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

I have friends who don't own or play for the Eagles yet, they walk around in Eagles garb from head to toe, have Eagles license plates, and claim they bleed green. You know what, who gives a ****!? Doesn't affect my life one way or the other.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:32 PM
slozomby
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if they give me a free teeshirt i'll wear it. which is a far cry from getting the harley helmet and the harley jacket and the harley shades.... all of which i can get from the original manufacturer for less.

on the other hand i have a full set of specialized race gear (that i wear) for my bicycle since the group i was a member of got a huge discount on their bikes and free gear. if harley knocked 30+% off their bikes and gave me free gear i'd be more inclined to be a walking billboard for them too.

i own a chevy truck. i dont own a single article of clothing that has a chevy logo on it. but they gave me a keyfob that i use.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:04 PM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

who cares when someone wears a HD shirt. I wear one occasionally. I wear a denim vest too and some have issues with vests. Who cares, whatever floats your boat.

Many want to raise themselves up by tearing others down.

Personally I would not wear an HD leather jacket, some are too far out for me but if it makes another happy who cares?

This is the internet and many mock others here but would not in the real world

I have shirts with my company logo, people love the logo and buy the shirts 2 at a time. I am happy.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:19 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I wear Harley shirts. In fact, my wife says I have too many. And...I have the Harley eagle logo on my left bicep, which I got in '75. The owner of the company where I worked at the time asked me, how much was I getting for advertising for them. Just like an owner of a company...butthead.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Big L
Road Warrior

Received 156 Likes on 127 Posts

When my daughter got her RN license and started working, she has said she was going to pay us back. But we will never accept payment from her for her education and future. It was something we were glad to be able to do. So now she stops in the dealership from time to time and picks up what she thinks her pops would look good in. Would I buy some of the clothes she brings me? Probably not but it's a gift from my baby, so I wear it because it means more to make her smile than being a billboard to me.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Just steer clear of the HD condoms,they leak.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have to agree with the OP on this one. I hear a lot of people on this forum bash people who choose to wear HD gear as if it is a crime. I don't think there is anything wrong with having pride in a certain brand of bike or car or truck or anything.

Quick Reply: Walking Harley "billboard"