General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Day, first ride, first everything...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 10:36 PM
7even
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Day, first ride, first everything...

Picked up my '14 Ultra Classic this morning at 9:30 and rode it pretty much all day. Little background...

I have been a Goldwing owner for more years than I care to share, but it's been a while. It's primarily been due to the fact that my wife absolutely would not be caught on a Harley, as she says "she's not a biker chick" and to her, a Harley is for ruffians. Hey, I'm just telling the truth. As for me, I'm 48 and have heard over and over the horror stories of Harley reliability issues, etc. over the years. Anyway, months ago, I read about Rushmore and decided to begin researching. Long story short....

I have not yet gotten the Stage 4 done yet (Jackpot header is on backorder) however, I have to say, the bike is, in a word, awesome. I have loved every mile that I put on it today. Yep, it has that new bike smell and I have around another 700 miles for breakin however, everything, from the nav to the sound, to feel, to the vibration is more than I have words for. Yes, it really does move the soul.

And here's the kicker; First Day, First Ride, First Everything on a Harley and my WIFE tells me, without me asking, that the Harley is more comfortable for her then the 'Wing (a 2001 GL1800)... I am rarely speechless, but was in that moment. And to top it off, she even purchased a Harley jersey!

HARLEY.... who'da thunk?!?!

'Wings are great bikes, and I won't bash 'em however, now that I have truly ridden a Harley, for me, I could never go back... The Harley is it. Love it!

Last edited by 7even; 04-09-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the Harley family 7!

You'll love the '14's. They are just on another level in my book.

Also glad to hear momma is liking the new ride. If she ain't ain't NO ONE happy lol

Rax

Old 04-09-2014, 10:44 PM
7even
Advanced

Originally Posted by Raxus
Welcome to the Harley family 7!

You'll love the '14's. They are just on another level in my book.

Also glad to hear momma is liking the new ride. If she ain't ain't NO ONE happy lol

Rax
I am not being funny when I say that I could never have imagined. The bike is truly something special! And you're right, Momma is HAPPY! LOL!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:44 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome to the Legend of motorcycles. Nice bike. Congrats. It won't be long before your wife too realizes that "it's NOT just a motorcycle".

Old 04-09-2014, 10:47 PM
7even
Advanced

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Welcome to the Legend of motorcycles. Nice bike. Congrats. It won't be long before your wife too realizes that "it's NOT just a motorcycle".
Thanks! I truly, truly love the bike. Exceeded all of my wildest imaginations. And you are so right, it's so much more than just a motorcycle. I am still awed by her response... But I love it!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Welcome to the Legend of motorcycles. Nice bike. Congrats. It won't be long before your wife too realizes that "it's NOT just a motorcycle"
it's also a 800lb vibrator!!

Rax

Old 04-09-2014, 10:48 PM
H3llb1lly88
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats brotha! I kinda wish my OL was the same way... gonna cost me 12k to make her happy with a blue and white deluxe.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Bikeagraman
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hooray to another convert!

Old 04-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,021 Likes on 533 Posts

Congrats !! It's hard to explain to anyone but once you experience it you know your a Harley rider for life , sounds like your wife has a whole different perspective too , win win .

Old 04-09-2014, 10:58 PM
7even
Advanced

Originally Posted by Raxus
it's also a 800lb vibrator!!

Rax
LOL!!!!

Quick Reply: First Day, first ride, first everything...