General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heroes on a Harley....

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 12:41 PM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bestrafen
...I served my country...but I would never consider myself a Hero...Call us Patriots...
I'm really fond of the term Patriot, too. (and thank you for your service, Bestrafen.)

Old 11-21-2014, 07:34 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,836 Likes on 17,455 Posts

You don't see or hear about hero's or idol material on a harley anymore because the mystic is gone it's become boringly common. There's so damn many out there being ridden by Walter Mitty types you can't throw a dead cat and not hit one.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm a millennial and all of our cartoons/ kid show heroes had sport bikes. I didn't hear about Harleys until I was in my twenties. I still like Japanese, Italian, German, and Brit bikes but Harleys are my favorite. I think more young guys will come to feel the same way.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:35 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
There's so damn many out there being ridden by Walter Mitty types you can't throw a dead cat and not hit one.
I just spit Diet Dr. Pepper all over the Damn place. LMAO!

Old 11-22-2014, 02:46 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,836 Likes on 17,455 Posts

Originally Posted by From_Behind
I just spit Diet Dr. Pepper all over the Damn place. LMAO!
Tell me I'm wrong

Old 11-22-2014, 04:39 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Tell me I'm wrong
Oh, it's the damn truth . . . that's what makes it funny. LOL!

Old 11-22-2014, 04:58 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

There is a huge difference in being someone famous and a hero. I agree hero is a word that should be reserved for the true heros. Someone who makes a movie, or is some sort of entertainer, I don't care how good they are, are not heros. Heros in movies are not heros.

Old 11-22-2014, 08:52 PM
PTSDBob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default oh well…..

To those of you who understood the meaning of my original post; stop reading. For those who didn't get it first time around; well, one more try….
Hero's on Harley's
-This is a MARKETING PHRASE; not meant for publication, but a title of a marketing idea ….created to 'reach' those younger and gain market share.
-The purpose is for younger riders to 'see' their 'hero's' (in name only, just a phrase…) riding a HD
-This is accomplished by 'product placement' (a HD bike and/or rider) in the public eye so as to create and continue to embellish the brand, so as keeping HD on the mind of the public, and therefore thinking HD, not Yamasuzki…
-Example; homecoming queen.. riding in a parade, not in the back of a convertible… but on the back of a Rushmore… with lights a flashing…
or, as I mentioned earlier, Jesse, of Breaking Bad, riding a HD in the series….
-HD's market is very narrow, but it is king in that market.
-It needs to broaden it's market, or just continue to market the same stuff to the same people… 88 to 96 to 103 to 110 …….
-I think that this is why they went electric…. now more PD's and other LEOs can look at HD as a viable alternative, and thusly sell more bikes, albeit electric…
Therefore; the 'heroes' as mentioned here in this marketing plan, can be anyone, any age, presented to the public as 'the ride to have' if you are a man/or woman who would garner such attention.
America's Strongman; America's Strongest Woman… these type of events could be sponsored by HD, used in their promotions, and given to the winners for publicity purposes.
-This idea is not new….. but the MoCo needs to put a new face on it and expand their market share.
-So, my question to you is: as HD riders, now understanding the intent of the phrase Hero's on Harley's, do YOU think this would be a good way for HD to 'get back in the game' or do you have any suggestions to add to this 'HD publicity campaign' ..?
I like the shorter version I originally posted… but anyway. Any ideas.?

Last edited by PTSDBob; 11-22-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:02 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

You don't see or hear about hero's or idol material on a harley anymore because the mystic is gone it's become boringly common. There's so damn many out there being ridden by Walter Mitty types you can't throw a dead cat and not hit one.
That is certainly true, That is the reason that the resale value of Harley has went to hell in a hand bag.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:32 PM
PTSDBob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default :)

My point exactly…. 6 Gun
I can see a new show coming in the next year…. "THEN CAME 6 GUN" with TWIZTED as his bro.

Quick Reply: Heroes on a Harley....