General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't wanna be a jerk but.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 12:55 AM
bigdipper
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't wanna be a jerk but.......

I don't want to be a jerk but I recently switched out my rineharts for fishtails(no baffle) and I like the way they sound. Don't get me wrong I love the rineharts but with the rineharts I found myself always on the throttle because that's when they sound the best IMO not realizing how fast I was going. So now with the fishtails I find my self cruising because they sound good at low rpms IMO. But I also now set off an occasional car alarm. Let's see if the neighbors complain when I fire it up at 5:30 a.m. When I take my bike to work and school on Thursday mornings. Plus it's tough being Mexican in L.A. and not running fishtails.

Last edited by bigdipper; 04-12-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:33 AM
Def Mute
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So, what yer sayin is...

You ride according to what makes you believe your bike sounds best, not according to what the riding conditions require, (such as speed limits/weather/road hazards/...etc.)?

Oh, and that thing about 'gotta be different, just to be me'...
Yeh, that doesn't really work when yer doin the same thing(s) everyone else is doin.

Do you ever actually listen to that inner voice, when it is giving you sage advice?
Hey, yer the one that started off by sayin, "Don't wanna be a jerk but...".

Last edited by Def Mute; 04-12-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:25 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,546 Likes on 3,057 Posts

"But I also now set off an occasional car alarm. Let's see if the neighbors complain when I fire it up at 5:30 a.m. When I take my bike to work and school on Thursday mornings. Plus it's tough being Mexican in L.A. and not running fishtails."

And then when the locals get the law toughened up and he gets a ticket....he'll whine about how his "rights" have been infringed.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdipper
I don't want to be a jerk...........
Then don't. Be considerate instead.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Then don't. Be considerate instead.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:18 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdipper
.....Plus it's tough being Mexican in L.A.......
I can only imagine how difficult that must be for you.

Last edited by Juan L; 04-12-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:18 AM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is why I love this place. This place encourages and breeds these kinds of riders. Tricking them into being louder and brighter is not only cool but best. Then when someone flat out has not even got an eff to give, they get these kinds of responses.

The dude is free to do as he pleases, upto and including pissing off his neighbors. They can call the police all they want, let the dog poop on his lawn. Who cares! Its America.

This is what makes him happy.

How about this, my turn to be a jerk. I do not believe the OP, not without pics.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:45 AM
ChopperBill
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,972 Likes on 1,205 Posts

Not quite on track with the OP,but. Is it political correct to call yourself a Mexican in LA? Here in CO us honkies have to use the latest PC term.
OK, loud pipes come and go, so I don't give a ****. Now sitting in your drive way with that stink *** rap, turned up full blast, coming out of your radio for hours does **** me off.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:41 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopperBill
Not quite on track with the OP,but. Is it political correct to call yourself a Mexican in LA? Here in CO us honkies have to use the latest PC term.
OK, loud pipes come and go, so I don't give a ****. Now sitting in your drive way with that stink *** rap, turned up full blast, coming out of your radio for hours does **** me off.
I have Rinehart TD's but would like to swap them out for something else. I understand that the Rinehart head pipes accept no other mufflers other than Rinehart is this true? I hate to scrap the entire system if I can just swap mufflers.

Here in NC, between the "Indigenous populous" and "guest workers" there's lot's of pet names floating around

Old 04-12-2014, 08:54 AM
SYLM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Def Mute
So, what yer sayin is...

You ride according to what makes you believe your bike sounds best, not according to what the riding conditions require, (such as speed limits/weather/road hazards/...etc.)?

Oh, and that thing about 'gotta be different, just to be me'...
Yeh, that doesn't really work when yer doin the same thing(s) everyone else is doin.

Do you ever actually listen to that inner voice, when it is giving you sage advice?
Hey, yer the one that started off by sayin, "Don't wanna be a jerk but...".

Blah blah blah to hell with your speed limits

I'm sure my neighbors hate me. But I don't really care. I've lived in my house for over 2 years and I know one person on my block.

Quick Reply: Don't wanna be a jerk but.......