General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 sound booster "Sound Shocker"

Old 04-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Rway
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MP3 sound booster "Sound Shocker"

I am running a 2011 version of HK radio with fairing BOOM speakers.
When using my mp3 through the auxiliary jack I get low volume. I have to crank the volume on both mp3 and HK radio.

Searching online I came across this http://phpaudio.jigsy.com/ Sound Shocker pro claims to boost sound from a mp3 4x without needing any power to the device. I have zero audio smarts. Has anyone here ever heard of or better yet used this. Or do you have any better solutions without spending hundreds of $$ on a complete new sound system.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:32 AM
az_steve
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I would suggest looking into a portable amp.

Amazon.com: FiiO E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier - E11: Electronics Amazon.com: FiiO E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier - E11: Electronics

The FIIO amps are great at boosting up portable mp3 players. I have never seen or heard of that one you mentioned.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:18 PM
wuaname
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Op do you have loud pipes?

Old 04-13-2014, 12:20 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stopped at a Bose store yesterday in search of some new headphones to help block the wind noise. They have a new set out that supposedly can do it.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...&Variant=qc20i

For $300 they better rock. They have a 30 money back guarantee so I'm tempted.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In iTunes select all the music files that need increased volume. Then File from the Menu Bar / then Options / slide the Adjust Volume over to 100%. Then re-copy the music files to your MP3 player.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:32 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,178 Likes on 2,449 Posts

Originally Posted by Rway
I am running a 2011 version of HK radio with fairing BOOM speakers.
When using my mp3 through the auxiliary jack I get low volume. I have to crank the volume on both mp3 and HK radio.

Searching online I came across this http://phpaudio.jigsy.com/ Sound Shocker pro claims to boost sound from a mp3 4x without needing any power to the device. I have zero audio smarts. Has anyone here ever heard of or better yet used this. Or do you have any better solutions without spending hundreds of $$ on a complete new sound system.

when running an mp3 player into the hd aux jack, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. you are pushing an amplified source into the hk which then amplifies it again. so you need to make sure that neither one of your sources is 'overamplified'. you should not go above 3/4 volume or so on the mp3, which should allow you to run the hk unit below that level as well. too high on the mp3 and your hk will be amplifying the distortion that you are pushing into it. too low and the hk will be distorting trying to give satisfactory volume.

there are several software solutions available to 'normalize' the volume of your mp3's. that way one is not significantly louder than another. i use media monkey. it's free and it works pretty good. it can also be used to transfer your music to an apple product without going through itunes....

Old 04-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Rway
Cruiser

Thanks for your replies!

wuaname: Not very loud, Rush with 1.75 baffles

potato potato: I have never used iTunes, but I know my kids do. Maybe I can ask them to help me..

scratch: I will check into the media monkey.

I emailed the maker of the sound shocker and he replied real fast. He said that he offers a 30 day money back guarantee if I am not happy with it. I also ask him if with my setup he recommended the standard at $30, or the Pro at $60. Much to my surprise he said that unless I am really turning up the bass that I should be very happy with the $30 one. So for that money and a guarantee I think I will give it a shot.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:16 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let us know how it works out, might be interested in it myself.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Boostaroo makes a similar product and yes, it works...

Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Rway
Cruiser

The Sound Shocker showed up today and it DOES WORK. It works really well!

It requires no power supply and no charging, just plug mp3 into it and it into the radio. I recommend it highly for $30.

Darrell

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MP3 sound booster "Sound Shocker"