General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Service Department

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Nick_L
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Service Department

I purchased a 2014 Iron 883. Everything has been without hitch and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. Recently I purchased a set of 14" Burly Bars along with the extension cable kit. This is the day the problems began.

So per the instructions I removed the old pins from the harness. Attached the new female ends to the old pins and attached the new male ends to the previous mentioned plastic harness. The pins wouldn't stay in. Just slide out. I decided to let this be Harley's service department problem.

Well I take my bike it and the guy says no problem. I'll have you riding in two days. I go back two days later and the parts aren't in and I'm told it will be a couple more days. Long story short I get the run around for a week until they finally tell me my parts won't be here until may 5th because they're back ordered. Ugh the frustration continues. I have forward controls and a DK relo kit for my coil and ignition just teasing me to be put on the bike. Anyone else have a run around experience like this or is it just me?

Old 04-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Frank Dukes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is moco parts supply in my experience. ive waited a few weeks for parts. hell i ordered brake pads and some odds and ends from kutter on sunday.. just finally got an email today that says they wont ship til monday.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:08 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,743 Likes on 6,191 Posts

Shop Labor = $84.50/Hr.
Shop Labor, if you watch = $94.50/Hr.
Shop Labor, if you try to help = $120.00/Hr.
Shop Labor, if you worked on it first, then brought it here = $170.00/Hr.

Hey, it was working until YOU took it apart, and tried to install aftermarket parts. Now you're gonna whine because it's taking someone else too long to straighten it out for you?

Welcome to the forum, Nancy.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:29 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,353 Likes on 2,200 Posts
Default um lets see

First post and its a bitch session
You F'up the install and someone helps you un-f'up the install
Theres bad parts..

Heres where Im losing this
You state after market but theres a backorder on HD parts
A dealer handling an aftermarket f'ed up install - my dealer wont touch non-hd parts (I thought this was std)

Please correct my bad assumptions

Old 04-17-2014, 03:00 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I applaud you for trying to work on your own scoot - but the only person that you should be pointing your finger out is yourself.
Sometimes trying to save a nickel can cost you a dollar

Old 04-17-2014, 03:08 PM
Hippie49
Elite HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 146 Posts

Bad service department?? That's funny. Be prepared to pay out your............ nose!

Old 04-17-2014, 03:48 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Bad service department? They install the parts, they don't make them or ship them. I guess you don't order much in your life because having something on back order isn't unusual at all no matter what it is.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:55 PM
mtnbkr62
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my dealer was adding apes to my wife's bike he called and said one of the cables was BO'd my response was no problem because they have done great work with me in the past and he called to let me know that parts were on back order. It's just the nature of the beast.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Nick_L
6th Gear

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Shop Labor = $84.50/Hr.
Shop Labor, if you watch = $94.50/Hr.
Shop Labor, if you try to help = $120.00/Hr.
Shop Labor, if you worked on it first, then brought it here = $170.00/Hr.

Hey, it was working until YOU took it apart, and tried to install aftermarket parts. Now you're gonna whine because it's taking someone else too long to straighten it out for you?

Welcome to the forum, Nancy.
I'm not furious over it. Just sucks not being able to ride for almost two months worth of payments. I'm sure you would be in the same position with great weather and nothing to ride. Maybe came across being upset. I know this was my creation and now I'm learning my lesson. Just saying it really sucks not being able to ride. Lol. Do you cruise the forum looking to troll others on the daily?

Old 04-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Nick_L
6th Gear

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
First post and its a bitch session
You F'up the install and someone helps you un-f'up the install
Theres bad parts..

Heres where Im losing this
You state after market but theres a backorder on HD parts
A dealer handling an aftermarket f'ed up install - my dealer wont touch non-hd parts (I thought this was std)

Please correct my bad assumptions
Not a bitch session, friend. Just would appreciate a straight forward answer instead of it'll take two days. Wait no four days wait no a week wait no a month. That's where the frustration is. Sheesh people try and snap ya right when you join don't they? It's all HE parts just back ordered. First experience with the dealer and service department so I was a little taken back when I found parts were back ordered a month.

Quick Reply: Bad Service Department