General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raced a metric yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,052 Likes on 569 Posts
Old 04-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member

Hey idiot...lemme know when you find another pump gas harley making 1.55 hp per cubic inch. N/A street bike.

Lemme know when you come across another harley that runs 7.0s and 11.teens. street bike of course. few and far inbetween.

schools out!!!! bahahahahahah

Old 04-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Madnss
no more metric vids. Hey Idiot. Id like to see you walk into an ahdra event, or the new nhra event with the hot steet class harelys or an ama event and tells those guys they cant ride. bahahahahahahahaahaaahaahhahahahahaahhahahaahhahah aahahhahaahhahahahahahaahahhahah
Oh, they can ride...until they have to slow down and push their bike in a semi circle so they can get back to the pits.

Reminds of the people that get a sport bike and hammer on the throttle just to slam on the brakes and crawl through the turns.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Madnss
Hey idiot...lemme know when you find another pump gas harley making 1.55 hp per cubic inch. N/A street bike.

Lemme know when you come across another harley that runs 7.0s and 11.teens. street bike of course. few and far inbetween.

schools out!!!! bahahahahahah
So, let you know when I find another unimpressive air cooled v-twin?

Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Wheels24
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting stuff...I'm just taking it all in. Road raced bikes for 10 years (WERA, AMA/CCS)...last race was a couple sprints and a 3 hour endurance race at Daytona on a GSX-R. But the first part of a road race is a drag race to turn 1. I got most of my drag racing experience on Front Street in Philly and in motocross starts. Dad flat tracked Harleys and Triumphs and road raced Yamaha TZ750s for a Philly area dealer back in the day.

There are a **** pot of really good drag racers who can't turn or brake for $#!&, but they win in their chosen realm. And there are an equal number of road racers who can't get a bike out of a hole to save their @$$, but they also have success. The best riders and racers I know can do both well. And the vast majority of street riders who buy sport bikes can't do either one all that well...probably because they've never been on a track.

I have the utmost respect for racers of all types...especially those who build their own bikes...even more if they can ride them well...and even more if they've mastered more than one form of racing... Keep racing...no matter what type you prefer... Drag racers and road racers have been at each other forever...then you throw in the MX racers (dirt is for worms...I've heard 'em all) and you can really stir things up...now add flat trackers (brakes are for pussxxs) to the mix and the fun really starts...

Last edited by Wheels24; 04-24-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:34 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Like I ave said before....I knew a guy, and he owned a FAST VW Beetle....oh! It was fast.....compared to other VW Beetles.! You race a ricer....you may be outclassed.
Differant animals. Even if you WIN....what? You beat a (enter name of brand here).
Yay!

Chuck

Old 04-25-2014, 04:52 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by themensh
Like I ave said before....I knew a guy, and he owned a FAST VW Beetle....oh! It was fast.....compared to other VW Beetles.! You race a ricer....you may be outclassed.
Differant animals. Even if you WIN....what? You beat a (enter name of brand here).
Yay!

Chuck
For the money he put in to his bike, you could buy a 160+hp motorcycle that weighs less. Even if the rider can't launch it, all he has to do is peg the throttle and he'll eventually pass him. I serioursly doubt his little sportster will do over 160mph.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:27 AM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Wheels24
Interesting stuff...I'm just taking it all in. Road raced bikes for 10 years (WERA, AMA/CCS)...last race was a couple sprints and a 3 hour endurance race at Daytona on a GSX-R. But the first part of a road race is a drag race to turn 1. I got most of my drag racing experience on Front Street in Philly and in motocross starts. Dad flat tracked Harleys and Triumphs and road raced Yamaha TZ750s for a Philly area dealer back in the day.

There are a **** pot of really good drag racers who can't turn or brake for $#!&, but they win in their chosen realm. And there are an equal number of road racers who can't get a bike out of a hole to save their @$$, but they also have success. The best riders and racers I know can do both well. And the vast majority of street riders who buy sport bikes can't do either one all that well...probably because they've never been on a track.

I have the utmost respect for racers of all types...especially those who build their own bikes...even more if they can ride them well...and even more if they've mastered more than one form of racing... Keep racing...no matter what type you prefer... Drag racers and road racers have been at each other forever...then you throw in the MX racers (dirt is for worms...I've heard 'em all) and you can really stir things up...now add flat trackers (brakes are for pussxxs) to the mix and the fun really starts...

Wowzers....very well said!

Old 04-25-2014, 06:18 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,377 Likes on 987 Posts

While at the local bike hangout w/Heritage some were talking pshite and I like messing with know it alls.
Told one motormouth " my grey bike can beat yours all day long" [Heritage is silver platinum LOL]
He looks over the HD and says "NO WAY meet me over in industrial park " On the way over I stop and p/u grey bike [pic 2] Busa.
I get there and he's not happy, couple guys that came along, some knew my MO are chuckling his friends are telling him I'm old he can take me etc... he makes a few comments but nothing nasty. Says he's in and gives me a good run but not good enough. Turns out he's a decent guy. Likes the classics like myself.
We're friends now. I service his bike and get together for a couple brews most months.

PS flushed more than a few bike with 2x the CC with pic 3. Never for $$$ just for fun.
Just always had a need for speed. AND yes I've been flushed more than a few times also.

Attached Thumbnails Raced a metric yesterday-9-11-memorial-wall-nj.jpg   Raced a metric yesterday-busa.jpg   Raced a metric yesterday-75-kaw.jpg  

Last edited by mjrfd99; 04-25-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:30 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjrfd99
While at the local bike hangout some were talking pshite and I like messing with know it alls.
Told one motormouth " my grey bike can beat yours all day long"
What's fun is being able to outride someone on a slower bike. It's like having someone in a Civic stomp a Mustang around a track because they know how to finesse it through the corners just right while the mustang guy is afraid to give it too much power.

I was on my Dad's Triumph T100 Bonneville taking it for a spin one day and I hit a backroad that goes to my place that's pretty twisty. I was flying on that thing, even scraping pegs in a few of the tighter turns. It was fun thinking that I have some friends that I could easily outride because of my experience and the fact that I wasn't afraid to lean the bike. It was surprising how well it handle for being a replica of a 50 year old motorcycle (give or take a few years).

And going with this, I had an RC51 that's suspension was rough for what I weighed at the time. I didn't have the bike for too long so I didn't put a new suspension on it and it was terrible on the street. I would get rear end hop if I wasn't careful. One day I was following a pack of guys and had to really slow down because of the wheel hop. They sent someone back to check on me to make sure I was OK because I was so far back. In contrast to my '03 R6 that was set up right, I was much quicker on it. The R6 had about 20hp less and 30 ft/lbs tq less, yet it was set up to stick to the road. It was a great little bike.

Last edited by Village Idiot™; 04-25-2014 at 06:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Raced a metric yesterday