General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wife likes my girlfriend!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My wife likes my girlfriend!

And they get along wonderfully! Here's something to think about....Last October our house burned down. For some reason she woke up, got me up, got the kids and we all got out without harm. Fire was in the attic, electrical, and we had 2 or 3 seconds to spare and got away safely. I had a failed back surgery last summer and am about half crooked with nerve damage down my right side...I couldn't have done what she did that night.... Got the kids and one dog, the other two dogs didn't make it, my chopper, and the bagger I just got were in the garage of course and melted into junk. Anyway, after the massive fight with the insurance folks our house is getting rebuilt and I was in the right spot and found an 06 CVO (the new wife) for cheap, and a donor for the next chopper project (the girlfriend). The bagger and the lowrider sit in the rental garage and get along splendidly! Here's a couple pics...and some chit to think about. Take a minute to look around and appreciate the people in your life, and the things you've worked for. It can all be gone in the blink of an eye. I was lucky we had enough coverage on everything to rebuild or lives and I can't stop thinking about all the people who go through this without that... Can't wait till winter when I can put this FXD up on the table because I miss that chopper almost as much as I miss those dogs...Have a great day everyone.

Attached Thumbnails My wife likes my girlfriend!-20140330_141031.jpg   My wife likes my girlfriend!-20140119_165133.jpg   My wife likes my girlfriend!-20140411_064851.jpg  
Old 04-21-2014, 09:02 AM
WildBill_50
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad you and your family made it out OK. You are right in a blink of an eye everything near and dear to you can be gone.

It is good when the wife and girlfriend get along because if they don't it could make your life miserable. Good looking Bikes!

Old 04-21-2014, 09:04 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Wow what a story. Sorry for all the material losses and of course those dogs.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:06 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Glad to hear that you and the family are all okay, after looking at the pic of your burnt scoot - it appears as though that was a pretty intensive fire - material items can always be replaced and it's nice to hear you found you new project already

Old 04-21-2014, 09:08 AM
HotIceHD
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Which bike is the white and blue one in the first picture?

Old 04-21-2014, 09:10 AM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

bummer about the dogs, well at least your old girl friend is in a better place, the fire of hell wont touch her again.... good to hear your possitive attitude, that doesnt happen often glad eveything is going better for you and your family... nice bikes, i like the dyna

Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Sad about the dogs but everything else can be replaced.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain

It was a pretty wild fire. The wheels and most of the bagger aluminum melted and ran into and filled up the floor drain. Never seen anything like it. I was in the garage trying to get the car out, because I had her and 3 kids in the yard in they're pj's freezing and scared to death, I drove the car through the door and as I was passing the front of the garage something exploded and blew the whole face of the gararge, doors, wall,ect. clear in the driveway. Didn't think I was comin out of it, I remember the headlights passing over the bikes, on fire, bags melting onto the floor, black smoke like I've never seen...**** it was bad.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:15 AM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HotIceHD
Which bike is the white and blue one in the first picture?
That's a 78 Cb 750 a buddy of mine built. I painted it. He spent 2 years building it. Pretty cool bike.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:16 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

after 40+ years of enjoying being around my girlfriends, most of the time my wife just says "ya'll go have fun and i will cook supper for us" these days. i never owned a black bike until i bought a harley, do you think my wife is prejudiced? lol.

Quick Reply: My wife likes my girlfriend!