General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery jump boxes? What are you using

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 08:06 AM
spooneralmighty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery jump boxes? What are you using

I'm in the market for a jump box. Probably wont be used a whole lot but it would be nice to have around for when one of the cars are dead or something. Anyway I'm wondering what you guys are using for jump boxes and if anyone heard of the JNC 660? says 1700 peak amps and its only 130$. They use one at the garage I work at and say they work really well. Then I talked to a Mechanic and he told me they are junk and he threw his out. He said spend the 250 on a mac and be happy.

So I'm just wondering what kind of boxes you guys are using, and if you're having any good luck or bad luck with them?

Also what did you pay for it?

Old 04-23-2014, 07:13 PM
K Melancon
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

I have a jump n carry 660 and will jump all cars. I have a F-250 Diesel that sits outside and will not start in the 30* mornings. It will barely turn over and the batteries are less than a year old. I have to hook up the jnc to those batteries and it will spin over like normal. I doubt that it will start the truck alone during the winter but I would believe it would during the summer. Are there better out there yes but I would not say it is junk. It's one of the better jump boxes in my opinion.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:50 PM
sjef
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K Melancon
I have a jump n carry 660 and will jump all cars. I have a F-250 Diesel that sits outside and will not start in the 30* mornings. It will barely turn over and the batteries are less than a year old. I have to hook up the jnc to those batteries and it will spin over like normal. I doubt that it will start the truck alone during the winter but I would believe it would during the summer. Are there better out there yes but I would not say it is junk. It's one of the better jump boxes in my opinion.
That's a pretty good starter. I have one in my shop. But you have a problem with that F250 if it won't start when cold. I've had my 250 and my F450 in some very cold mornings upstate NY and in Western PA and never had a problem starting. Don't even plug them in. Always start in Jersey no problem and we had some cold mornings this winter.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:22 PM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

bought a sears platinum on sale for $94. guy I know has one and his dad owns one and they both said they were awesome.