General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Final -- Corn Ethanol Is Of No Use

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 02:24 PM
CipoWins42
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's Final -- Corn Ethanol Is Of No Use

We already knew that!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamescon..._medium=social

Old 04-24-2014, 02:29 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

A similar report about the misuse of pristine grassland and resulting pollution was released earlier this year. It was frightening to read about what was being done to the land in order to "save" the land.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:36 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

but yet i doubt we will see anything change at the gas pump any time soon. mf'ers

Old 04-24-2014, 03:34 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please take what ever IPCC has to say about anything with a grain of salt. Find what other researchers have found before spreading their opinions. These are the people that insist global warming is 100% true.

The models that the IPCC uses to predict global warming are suspect to say the least. These models have been able to predict a 15 year cooling/stagnant temp period less than 2% of the time they are run. They have never, ever predicted a 20 year cooling/stagnant temp period. We are currently on year 17 of a cooling/stagnant temp period. Yet the IPCC still claims their models are accurate.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:32 PM
ranchodeluxe
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, ethanol sucks. It sucks as a fuel. It sucks for the environment. It really sucks for food prices. When you burn the corn that was supposed to feed the cow, guess what? That's right $20/lb ribeyes.

As an avid outdoorsman, and hopelessly addicted pheasant hunter, it saddens me to see the damage done to my native SD farmland. The same shelterbelts that we all paid millions to help the landowners install, well, now we are paying to doze them under.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:06 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Why so many reports all of a sudden? Well this year anyway. I've seen three just in the last few days. Looks like someone didn't buy off enough people.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:35 PM
AZRider62
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I for one am glad our federal government has taken a leading role in the destruction of the environment... now I can just relax and ride!

Old 04-24-2014, 05:43 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,246 Likes on 8,381 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
but yet i doubt we will see anything change at the gas pump any time soon. mf'ers

Old 04-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't miss the actual point. While you are caught in some debate about ecological concerns and if corn juice is better than old dinosaur carbon, there is a large amount of money being made. Corn juice costs less to sell than dinosaur carbon = greater profits. Follow the money.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ranchodeluxe
Yes, ethanol sucks. It sucks as a fuel. It sucks for the environment. It really sucks for food prices. When you burn the corn that was supposed to feed the cow, guess what? That's right $20/lb ribeyes.

As an avid outdoorsman, and hopelessly addicted pheasant hunter, it saddens me to see the damage done to my native SD farmland. The same shelterbelts that we all paid millions to help the landowners install, well, now we are paying to doze them under.
Kansas is way ahead of ya'. Scorched earth farming (were not a weed can be seen for hundreds of square miles) has been coming on strong there,for a decade now. Lot of the CRP in Nebraska plowed under,also. They don't grow much corn up here,maybe the pot growers will help the pheasants,always found 'em in big plots of wild mary jane.Corn is for cows and moonshine,not my f--kin' Harley.

Quick Reply: It's Final -- Corn Ethanol Is Of No Use