General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Venom Imaging?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 05:54 PM
SoFLJoe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom Imaging?

I am looking for a custom derby cover and horn cover for my ultra. I found a company called Venom Imaging (customderbycover is their site). I was wondering if anyone had ordered from them before and could tell me how the quality is, or maybe you can recommend someone who has done a custom job for you.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:09 AM
Stormyrider74
Stage II
Default venom imaging

I ordered some custom parts from them in 2011. The air cleaner insert and the horn cover were the same image, but one was blue and the other was brown. The derby cover was correct but the fuel door cover did not match. I returned the horn cover and have been trying for Years not to either get the part that i paid for or a refund. Have talked,and emailed the owner MANY times over 3 years. He tried to tell me that I was never charged for the cover so I sent him my paypal reciept. No contact since then. That was last summer. They suck. Try customkutchrome.com

Old 02-18-2015, 02:49 AM
Petro
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Another option

I got a custom Derby cover from these guys: http://www.dlderbycappers.com/. Great service and The look is pretty awesome I think. It was around $100 total for the whole shebang and if you want to swap out designs, it is only $30-ish for a new disc. Plus, It goes on over the existing derby cover, so no need to worry about fluids or anything. They also do horn covers, AC covers, and more.

Here she is:

Old 02-18-2015, 06:29 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

what happens to the capper when You want to get to the screw behind it? Is it removable and replaceable or a one time shot?

Old 02-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Petro
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tr1Rid3r
what happens to the capper when You want to get to the screw behind it? Is it removable and replaceable or a one time shot?
The capper uses the extisting derby cover screws with a couple of provided washers for spacing. You can take them off and use as many different inserts as you want to buy. I am about to start looking for a new design on there for when I leave this club when I head back to the states.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Stormyrider74
Stage II
Default venom imaging

Venom Imaging?-img_0039.jpg

Old 02-18-2015, 05:13 PM
tolobill
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello, I ordered a PBR derby cover and it looks and works good.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Cpt Morgan
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a derby from Venom a couple of years ago through My Bad *** Cycle. There was a few issues along the way ( originally had ordered a horn cover also, but after a few tries was told they couldn't do it) but in the end it all worked out. My Bad *** also gave me a discount on the Derby due to the mix ups. All in all the cover has held up well with no issues.

Last edited by Cpt Morgan; 02-18-2015 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 05-06-2015, 05:53 AM
luckyfdr
4th Gear

I recently ordered from Venom Imaging a custom Derby, Timing and Fuel Cover with my own art work. The owner, Jeff, is easy to get along with and did a fantastic job on my three "Joker" images. See attached photos. The Joker images are crisp and clear. I picked out the artwork (not from his website - used my own) and this tied everything in together on my custom paint job Street Glide.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:25 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Very nice!

I spoke to Jeff a few times about a timing cover, good response and pricing very reasonable. In the end I went with a machines and etched custom cover vs. image cost a lot more than venom but was better suited to my wants.

Quick Reply: Venom Imaging?