General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Ordered a set of 4" Jackpot slip ons from Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts
Default Just Ordered a set of 4" Jackpot slip ons from Fuel Moto

Can't wait to get them... I have been wanting a set for a long time and just ordered all kinds of other pipes until now , i said F&^D It i am getting them...Hopefully it will last me the rest of the bike's life... Got 80000 miles out of the Screaming Eagle ones and they were gut rotted inside really bad...

Old 05-01-2014, 06:56 AM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
Can't wait to get them... I have been wanting a set for a long time and just ordered all kinds of other pipes until now , i said F&^D It i am getting them...Hopefully it will last me the rest of the bike's life... Got 80000 miles out of the Screaming Eagle ones and they were gut rotted inside really bad...
Not the screaming eagles you sold me?

Old 05-01-2014, 08:11 AM
scott01
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bettingpython

Well it said they were "LOUD" in the ad. Did you ask how many miles were on them?

Old 05-01-2014, 08:22 AM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by scott01
Well it said they were "LOUD" in the ad. Did you ask how many miles were on them?
*sigh

No I didn't, and if the baffles are rotted out it's my fault for not asking questions. I can always re-core them.

Congrats on the jackpots I was looking at the 4.5" pro tours but they were over my budget.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

LOL...No sir... The ones i sold you i just ordered and they were way too loud for me... Naw the ones i had for 80000 miles were shot BIG TIME... the inner core was litterally rotten...I looked at them last night and thought..TRASH bin...
Now the ones that are coming to you i don't think or know that the baffles are removable ones? i really didn't look at them that much, they were lowud but when you look at them through the hole they look ok... Just too freaking loud... Maybe it's because i have true duals and they are made for standard exhausts.. Not sure...

I would NEVER sell something that was that bad off...Period...

Last edited by Notgrownup; 05-01-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:17 AM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member

LOL...No sir... The ones i sold you i just ordered and they were way too loud for me... Naw the ones i had for 80000 miles were shot BIG TIME... the inner core was litterally rotten...I looked at them last night and thought..TRASH bin...
Now the ones that are coming to you i don't think or know that the baffles are removable ones? i really didn't look at them that much, they were lowud but when you look at them through the hole they look ok... Just too freaking loud... Maybe it's because i have true duals and they are made for standard exhausts.. Not sure...

I would NEVER sell something that was that bad off...Period...
It's all good, I've always trusted sellers and have only been burned once.

Redoing a core isn't too hard grind out a couple of welds beat the old one out slip a new one in and then tack it in place, or drill and rivet in place.

They are going on a stock header with the catalytic still intact so that will muffle the sound a little more than your headers.

Besides if they're loud enough I can't hear the stock stereo then I'll just have to do a stereo upgrade

Old 05-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

It's all good, I've always trusted sellers and have only been burned once.

Redoing a core isn't too hard grind out a couple of welds beat the old one out slip a new one in and then tack it in place, or drill and rivet in place.

They are going on a stock header with the catalytic still intact so that will muffle the sound a little more than your headers.

Besides if they're loud enough I can't hear the stock stereo then I'll just have to do a stereo upgrade
Yeah i think with stock it might sound differently.... If you change your mind i have a great deal on some with 80000 miles on them... look great from the outside...If you need a shell only... I am sure they are a bit louder...LOL...They are blued so bad i wouldn't even give them to anybody...

Old 05-02-2014, 06:19 AM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah i think with stock it might sound differently.... If you change your mind i have a great deal on some with 80000 miles on them... look great from the outside...If you need a shell only... I am sure they are a bit louder...LOL...They are blued so bad i wouldn't even give them to anybody...
I got them installed and they sound just right with the stock header, not too loud, nice deep bass tone and just a little bark when you blip the throttle.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

I got them installed and they sound just right with the stock header, not too loud, nice deep bass tone and just a little bark when you blip the throttle.
awesome....so you didn't see all that rot? Lol just kidding, I thought they looked pretty good...glad it worked for you

Old 05-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Wow! Got the Jackpots on and man....they bark good n loud but low deep rumble at cruise...was raining so I didn't go far...will get more time tomorrow....Sold my other bike today so now I will be building a 24x24 shop in the backyard....

Quick Reply: Just Ordered a set of 4" Jackpot slip ons from Fuel Moto