General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mem. Shades Spoiler shield - anyone else have problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 05:43 AM
Jason Oates
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mem. Shades Spoiler shield - anyone else have problems?

I bought the Memphis Shades Batwing fairing a while back with the 9" Spoiler windshield as well as the optional air deflectors. It seems that every time I get the thing set "almost" right (to not have a crazy amount of head-buffeting) and then make small adjustments to refine, it just gets worse. The best setting is still causing my head to move around like a bobble head.

I haven't seen a lot of reviews for the Spoiler but I've still got some minor adjustments to make but I was wondering if it may be the "Spoiler" windshield? It has been set 2" below eye-level, made adjustments and still not good.

Any other thoughts other than getting lower fork-mounted air deflectors (ugh)?

I'm right at 6'0" and used this as a guide, but I'm wondering if the curve of the Spoiler is causing the air to not "glide" in the same fashion as a "regular" windshield. ??) I'd love for this thing to work and it has potential, it just needs to make my head stop bobbing around like I was sitting on a jackhammer, haha.