General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We got invited

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default We got invited

To spend four days in the mountains. Rode from home to Maggie Valley on Thursday to a really nice rental house. We took a morning to go to Little Switzerland to ride Diamondback. They were paving it so we had ditch and mountain on one side and a three inch drop from the new asphalt to the old then the old road and nothing but air from the "shoulder "on. Our friends didn't want to ride the Dragon because of the crazy *** sportbike riders so we skipped that. The ride from Maggie Valley to Cherokee was wonderful, lots of curves, I would love to ride it again. Found a cool hole in the wall barbeque place with the best potato salad I have ever had. They left the skin on and substituted sour cream and chives for mayonnaise, going to try that at home now. I think I came back a better rider, i had been concerned about riding up there because my bike has been lowered so much but it did fine. The other couples were on Sportster, Switchback and Road Glide. I wouldn't mind trying a Road Glide. Before we left I added a windshield to my Fatboy, should have done it a long time ago, it made a huge difference.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:18 AM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Glad you had a good trip. There are so many places to ride and visit within close proximity to where you were. Lake Lure SE, Little Switzerland E and many places in between. I'm with you in the weekend Dragon idiots.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 AM
HazyHog
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like a cool trip. I rode there last June to see the BRP, Skyline Drive, Maggie Valley and the Dragon. Some of the most scenic riding I've ever done. You guys who live in that area are fortunate. Stopped in Little Switzerland for lunch at The Switzerland Café. The food was excellent.