General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Week is upon us..

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 02:32 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Bike Week is upon us..

Doesn't even start until next week but the Harley infestation has started.

Some really nice bikes..Big Wheels seem to be the latest fad. and LOTS of Street Glides. with and without Big Wheels.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:37 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Is it busy? We were thinking of coming back down but the last few years people keep saying the attendance is still down.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:43 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Is it busy? We were thinking of coming back down but the last few years people keep saying the attendance is still down.
It has not officially started but Harley had over 200 bikes when I went there early this morning to get my fuel gauge backlight looked at and a new part ordered. I was hoping to squeeze in before bike week But it was a 3 hour wait just to get it looked at. All the bike stock has been moved to the North MB Harley store. MB Harley is little more than a service stop and clothing Boutique. Bike Week T-Shirts $34......LOL Thankfully I live here and won't wear a MB Harley T shirt. I have one from Vegas and the River Run from many years ago, But I have to say the HD Jeans fit really me well and are reasonably priced at $39.

Anyway I can think of a lot worse places to hang for three hours. Harley has sold more bikes each year for the past five years so I think attendance will reflect that.

The county blew it by not allowing vendors to set up this weekend. They are missing out on some tax revenue. The issue is you cannot rent a house here for 10 days so there are weekenders mostly local ride ins.

Some will stay in a motel for two nights then go to their weekly rental. Monday things will kick up a few notches. I will be going to Beach House Harley tomorrow in NC. They started their events and vendor action today.

Last edited by TenMidgets; 05-09-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:00 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
I think attendance will be way up this year compared to the last few. Full Throttle (Throttle Fest at House of Blues) plugs it pretty heavy along with other factors. South mid-Atlantic beach location during May that is fairly close travel to heavy population and offers restaurants that have excellent seafood or best of BBQ combined with burnout bars and bands? Can't keep 'em away too long!

http://jdbikermap.com/biker-motorcyc...ing-rally-map/

Old 05-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Happy Hippo
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ohio bike week in Sandusky is where it's at!

Old 05-09-2014, 05:49 PM
FolsomPrisonBlues
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been to MBBW twice, and it is one of my favorite of the rallies. Lots of room to ride without feeling too cramped, and lots of places to stop and enjoy a pop or 2. Great bars such as Suck Bang Blow and the Beaver Bar. Always rented a house with a bunch of people to cut down on expenses. I haven't been in about 5 years but hope to go back someday.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:25 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,132 Likes on 1,503 Posts

We're down there week of the 28th, getting there some time around Wed...staying for 5 days.

I know it's crossover week and the V-Twin crowd will be leaving. And I"ll be laughing at those "big wheel" bikes that will be there the following weekend...ricer rear suspension challenging the laws of physics with those big butt passengers. But we'll be trying to chill 'n drink down on the south end of Myrtle.

What place has the best hot wings?

Old 05-09-2014, 08:17 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
Fat Jacks on 17 in Surfside. About 1/2 mile north of Jamin Leathers in a strip mall on the right.

Edit Add: If you like BBQ, here is a map of Myrtle Area with some and a decent ride to boot...
http://jdbikermap.com/biker-motorcyc...ing-rally-map/

Last edited by trafficjams; 05-09-2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Added map link
Old 05-09-2014, 08:37 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
We're down there week of the 28th, getting there some time around Wed...staying for 5 days.

I know it's crossover week and the V-Twin crowd will be leaving. And I"ll be laughing at those "big wheel" bikes that will be there the following weekend...ricer rear suspension challenging the laws of physics with those big butt passengers. But we'll be trying to chill 'n drink down on the south end of Myrtle.

Honda makes the F6B.....
I am not a connoisseur but I still like Hooter's Wings the Best......HOWEVER Buffalo Wild Wings has a much larger selection and they can be very hot. I would say Buffalo Wild Wings for more serious wing people.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:15 PM
BootheatsBUGS
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hooters wings are awesome. I think they fry em in butter? Whatever grease they use sure is tasty!

Quick Reply: Bike Week is upon us..