General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HAMC 81Support

Old 05-17-2014, 10:32 AM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Default HAMC 81Support

I happened upon BAr 30 here yesterday which is apparently the central meeting place during Bike Week for HAMC from all over the country. They were selling 81 Support T Shirts and all kinds of items.

I guess the hang arounds are those wearing this stuff head to toe. I bought a can cooler. Any of you guys ever wear this stuff and get hassled by cops or other MC groups?

Last edited by TenMidgets; 05-17-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:49 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 248 Posts

No. I would never wear support gear. Either I'm in the club or I'm not. I have been to a couple of private HA events and there seemed to be as many people wearing support gear, as there were full patch dudes.

Last edited by dribble; 05-17-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:53 AM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by dribble
No. I would never wear support gear. Either I'm in the club or I'm not. I have been to a couple of private HA events and there seemed to be a lot of people wearing support gear.
They are mostly "Hang Arounds" I am guessing.
Well the one Pirate who had 81 patches and various support patches on his vest and "support" gear from head to toe looked rather foolish. Really looked like he was begging to be asked to prospect.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:55 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were to wear support gear it would be for my local dominant. Since I'm not a real biker I don't wear support gear, but I do wear a back brace on long hauls.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:01 AM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by sucherman
If I were to wear support gear it would be for my local dominant. Since I'm not a real biker I don't wear support gear, but I do wear a back brace on long hauls.
Charleston had the cooler stuff. The MB chapter had some T shirts that were not nice to the LEOS. Considering a bout 18 of them were arrested in a MJ sting a year or two ago I am not surprised. Their money apparently goes to the "Defense fund" according to the T shirts,

Old 05-17-2014, 11:06 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can definitely have a problem with support shirts etc if you wander into the wrong bar or state. The problems range from being "asked" by a rival club to turn the shirt inside out to having your a$$ kicked.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:17 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have heard that LEOS around here consider anyone wearing support items to be "known associates". I would imagine other 1% clubs would have the same attitude. None for me thanks.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:37 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 1,908 Posts

Originally Posted by wraplock
I have heard that LEOS around here consider anyone wearing support items to be "known associates". I would imagine other 1% clubs would have the same attitude. None for me thanks.
A friend of mine "borrowed" a bike once that had a sticker on it that said "Keep America Green" support your local Vago's and was harassed for about 2 hrs at the Arizona Border. LEO's admitted that was why they stopped him.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by BoonDock_Saint
You can definitely have a problem with support shirts etc if you wander into the wrong bar or state.
Exactly. I was given mine about 15 years ago when I lived in L.A. I only wear it now about once a year, here in Cleveland. Still looks brand new!

Old 05-17-2014, 12:57 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

support shirts can get your *** beat very easily. almost seen it happen about two weeks ago. wrong shirt in the wrong crowd.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HAMC 81Support