General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Customer Service over broken ARKON Handlebar Phone Mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Sharpie
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Great Customer Service over broken ARKON Handlebar Phone Mount

I bought a new phone mount at J&P while at Daytona Bike week. It was a ARKON brand mount that came with the ball mounted to the handlebars and then a water resistant case that mounted to the ball. See the link.

http://www.arkon.com/accessories/phone_bike_mount.html

It was relatively cheap at J&P but seemed sturdy built. Well it broke a couple of weeks ago.The plastic part that wraps around the handlebars broke into two pieces. I called J&P and they said that J&P did not warranty it. I decided I would I look up the manufacturer and see what they said. It seems there is a two year warranty on the item.

I emailed them on a Saturday night with a picture of the broken part. I received an email reply on Monday morning saying they were sorry that it had broken and would send me a replacement ASAP at no charge. They even paid the shipping. 4 days later a new mount arrived in the mail.

I have two of these. One for my iPhone and one for my Power Vision. That's what I call great customer service.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 PM
12Bravo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use an Arkon case for my XM radio and it has been great for the 2 years that I've had it. Their cases are pretty good. Glad to hear they took care of you.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:59 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

It would have been nice if J&P handled it for you. After all, that`s where you purchased it from.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:13 PM
Sharpie
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Qdog002
It would have been nice if J&P handled it for you. After all, that`s where you purchased it from.
That would have been the thing to do. J&P actually told me there was no warranty on the item. I couldn't believe there was not warranty is why I looked up ARKON's website to see if there was a warranty. I've bought a good bit of stuff from J&P and probably will continue to buy from them but they better have it for a great deal or I will think twice and look elsewhere.