General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guy went Down Behind Me

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Pappy1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guy went Down Behind Me

The wife and I were headed out of town early this morning....and Rush hour traffic...we went through a traffic light...traffic was backing up and everyone was hitting the brakes....we stopped...I looked in my Mirror and saw a guy coming up on us pretty fast...riding a custom road king....I noticed in the mirror he was not looking....and when he looked ahead at us...he got on the brakes hard...then all of a sudden...he was not in the mirror....down he went...it was crazy...right in the middle of a 4 lane road...by this time traffic was moving through the light....I pulled up and got over in the turn lane...saw him get the bike up and ride across the street in a parking lot...I was able to get turned around and get back to him...I got out and asked if he was OK...got his forearm...not bad...some road rash...his right crash bar was bent in and had his floor board wedged up...we were able to bend the bar out enough to get the floor board back down....only damage I could see was the Bar....He was upset...of course...said he had 17k into the bike...thank me for coming back and checking on him...and said he was off for work...and what a way to start the day...Felt sorry for the Guy...and it happened so quick...

Old 05-22-2014, 08:49 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Good for you to go back and see if he was okay. Stuff happens in the blink of an eye, whether we're looking or not. Glad he was okay.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

Good to hear that he wasn't badly hurt. Yep, when things happen on a bike they tend to happen pretty quickly.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:58 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

So you say you went through a Red light and the guy several cars behind you who was another biker rode thought it....

IMO that's just asking for it...... Cagers and Bikers have to Use their Brains a little bit...

Running a Red light and then having to lay your bike down to avoid a crash isn't smart riding...

Also we don't have CRASH bars anymore.... They are called ""Engine guards"""... They won't/don't protect anyone in a crash,, only if you drop your bike while at a standstill....

Old 05-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Pappy1
Road Captain

No I said we went through a traffic light....it was Green...cars were stopping in front of us...it was green when he went through....It was Morning rush hour...lots of traffic...he had to stop all of a sudden...bike just went out from under him

Old 05-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Aaresz
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just takes a second of carelessness, good for you for going back to check on him.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Pappy1
Road Captain

That was the Thing that Stood out in His mind also...he remembered I was in front of Him...he said I noticed your Harley sticker on the rear window....and thank me for coming back...he said no one else came back to see if I was OK....took another biker....to check on me...

Old 05-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Pappy1
Road Captain

Gee This Place Sells CRASH bars....guess I am not the Only one Behind on The Times...LOL
http://www.westendmotorsports.com/ha...-638_1445.html

Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 PM
brokkbloodaxe
Novice

Good of you to check up on him

Old 05-22-2014, 10:35 PM
last12know
Road Master

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pappy1
Gee This Place Sells CRASH bars....guess I am not the Only one Behind on The Times...LOL
http://www.westendmotorsports.com/ha...-638_1445.html
+1 on checking on him..

and ignorance is bliss for some.. like having blinders on.. i think most of us know what you ment.

cracks me up when i say something a little different (born up north and lived in midwest most of my life) and get corrected.. i then ask if they knew what i ment.. they say yes.. i then say so what was the problem?...

some people..

Quick Reply: Guy went Down Behind Me